cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BLE OTA software options

Jcoll.1
Associate III

According to AN5247 I can use ST BLE Sensor to perform a BLE OTA firmware update. 

I've added the reboot characteristic to my design, but how can I get ST BLE Sensor to recognize my custom board? 

There appears to be an option to add a new design, but I haven't found documentation for it. 

signal-2024-09-22-20-50-44-809.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jcoll.1
Associate III

Make your board name be EXATLY 9 chars long and then configure the rest of the advertisement data like this:

Jcoll1_0-1727370913232.png

Either this is a special case, or its what v1 of BlueST protocol looked like.  Unclear.  It doesn't match the description from the BlueST-SDK-Andoird page, but its close.  It DOES match what's in AN5247.  You can also find it in the BLE_p2pServer_ota example (search for 0x83).

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Jcoll.1
Associate III

Make your board name be EXATLY 9 chars long and then configure the rest of the advertisement data like this:

Jcoll1_0-1727370913232.png

Either this is a special case, or its what v1 of BlueST protocol looked like.  Unclear.  It doesn't match the description from the BlueST-SDK-Andoird page, but its close.  It DOES match what's in AN5247.  You can also find it in the BLE_p2pServer_ota example (search for 0x83).