cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BLE-HID example

ASter.1
Associate

Hey Guys,

I am having a difficult time opening and compiling the BLE-HID example from the FW 1.12.1 pack.

The STM32CubeIDE throws the error:

make: *** No rule to make target '/Utilities/lpm/tiny_lpm/stm32_lpm.c', needed by 'Utilities/stm32_lpm.o'. Stop.

Does anyone have a CubeMX project that uses the BLE-HID example so that I can use that as the base example? Or help me solve the Stm32CubeIDE error...

Greatly appreciated!

Almog

(using macOS Big Sur, Apple M1 Silicon)

2 REPLIES 2
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @Community member​ and welcome to the Community 🙂

Which CubeIDE and CubeMx version are you using ?

Please make sure to use the latest release of the tools.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
ASter.1
Associate

Hey Imen thanks for the quick response!

I have managed to compile and upload the BLE_HID example to my Nucleo-WB55RG board, however, I was following the instructions on the readme.txt where it says:

"This application requires having the stm32wb5x_BLE_Stack_full_fw.bin binary flashed on the Wireless Coprocessor.

If it is not the case, you need to use STM32CubeProgrammer to load the appropriate binary.

All available binaries are located under /Projects/STM32_Copro_Wireless_Binaries directory.

Refer to UM2237 to learn how to use/install STM32CubeProgrammer.

Refer to /Projects/STM32_Copro_Wireless_Binaries/ReleaseNote.html for the detailed procedure to change the

Wireless Coprocessor binary. "

Now i thought that was the reason the example was not working so I used the programmer and I think i may have bricked (maybe bricked is not the right word) my wireless co-processor because when i upload the example on a different Nucleo board it works perfect, but on the board that I have used the programmer on, it does not.

In fact, I can't seem to get the BLE to work at all on the original Nucleo board.

What i did:

according to

file:///Users/<username>/STM32Cube/Repository/STM32Cube_FW_WB_V1.12.1/Projects/STM32WB_Copro_Wireless_Binaries/STM32WB5x/Release_Notes.html

I followed the instructions: 0693W00000DnehoQAB.pngand used the table:

0693W00000DnehKQAR.pngto upgrade the FW to the right address. but now nothing works.

Any help is appreciated to get the Nucleo board back to its original state 🙂

thanks

Almog