cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASTRA1B console output

david368
Associate II

I am evaluating the ASTRA1B demonstration board. 

I powered up the board, with factory firmware, via USB and attached an STLINK-V3MINIE debugger/programmer to the J300/STDC14 connector on the expansion board to a PC running TT.

Output to console worked fine. Noticed LoRa radio was broadcasting at EU868.

I am US based, so I need to configure it to use US915 band.

I started a new STM32 project and imported CustomUC source code into CubeIDE.

Used CubeMX to configure FP-ATR-ASTRA1 -> Parameter Settings -> STM32WL_SUBGHZ_REGION to US915.

Built and flashed the board. - No console output. Tried different baud rates, 9600, 115200. No console output.

I have used this setup to build, flash and run a LoRa Nucleo-WL55 board without problems.

After some online research, learned that UART configuration is in the STM32_WPAN section of IOC.

Tried enabling CFG_HW_LPUART1_ENABLED, which was disabled. Re-flashed the board. No console output.

I tried hacking the code in main() to call DBG_PRINTF_LOG() directly but various configuration flags prevented it from doing its job.

All Cube software and packs are up to date. I read UM-3019 and UM-2966 and other documentation. Made sure jumpers etc. were all correct. Tried a different debugger/programmer. 

Can someone explain how to configure the ASTRA1B board to enable console output?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
david368
Associate II

Hello, Sorry. I figured it out. I was using an external programmer/debugger. When I used just the USB C on the expansion board at 9600 baud, the console worked. I did not realize the device had its own programmer/debugger to which the uart was directed.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
david368
Associate II

Hello, Sorry. I figured it out. I was using an external programmer/debugger. When I used just the USB C on the expansion board at 9600 baud, the console worked. I did not realize the device had its own programmer/debugger to which the uart was directed.