cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why a working simulation does not work on the target.

SMaci.2
Associate

I have an STM32469I-DISCO kit. I followed tutorial 2 in TouchGFX and tested it with the simulator and it worked fine. Then I tried to run it on the target board. The program downloaded but the screen remained blank yet TouchGFX said it was successfully downloaded and verified. I tried using STMCubeIDE and the same thing happened. Then I tried STMCubeprogrammer with same result. I know the board works since I tried one of the Demo programs (double buffer demo) using STMCubeIDE and it ran successfully. I have attached the tutorial 2 project.

1 REPLY 1
Romain DIELEMAN
ST Employee

Hi,

There could be many reasons why it does not work on target. The simulator only displays the look and feel of the final UI but will not represent hardware issues or its limits.

Your project works fine on the board I have. Could you check with STM32CubeProgrammer if you have the latest firmware ? Could you share which version of the board you are using so that I can compare with mine? You should see a white tape with something similar to this written on it: MB1189 B-03, which means that my board is revision B-03.

/Romain