cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

White screen on stm32f429i-disc1display

DLips.1
Associate II

Hi all,

I am trying to configure my stm32f429i-disc1 with the lates CubeMX 5.5 and TouchGfx 4.13. I have followed the instructions from here: https://touchgfx.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360010921760-TouchGFX-HAL-Development, but my display is still all white (there should be red background with simple 'hello world' string on it).

The project compiles and there is also 1s_cnt which increments properly. I've tried to debug the project and noticed that program enters inside functions:

• void StartScreenPresenter::activate()
  • void StartScreenView::setupScreen()

on startup but only once.

Both the board and the cable are ok, because I can flash MCU with other project and then screen works fine.

Have you got any ideas what I am doing wrong?

51 REPLIES 51

yes , it gets called , it seems the code always ends up in the hardfault handler .

okay, so it's using internal ram, which should work. Can you inspect that framebuffer array, then ? Does it contain anything - Did you actually render something to the memory (which should then be transferred to display, depending on your setup).

/Martin

Hi Martin, The SDRAM configuration was generated from the 429-DISC1 template. I dont see anywhere in this thread where the issue was fixed by reconfiguring SDRAM. I only see where CRamm.1 found that TouchGFX was hammering code. How do I fix the configuration?

regards,

John

Cody
Associate II

If anyone is still having troubles with the display on the STM32F429 Discovery I have a working CubeIDE project. It is messy because I only intended to use it just for testing and I only configured the hardware that was need to get the display working. Hope this helps.

Nice work, thank you! So did you just copy those settings from somewhere (TouchGFX files) or how did you figure out all those settings? Wonder if that same thing could be done for stm32f469-disco board?

I copied them from the Application Template. The same method should work for it. There's a video of how to get the code you need to copy at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o42r4xXOnbo.

Hi @Cody​ , thanks for your F429_Test, but unfortunately I get "white screen" till now. I downloaded, added a simple Touch GUI, compiled with no simulator folder and I get no compile errors. I start the debug but white screen again

HHarj.1
Senior

I got your project working, can see the "Hello World" screen. However, if I add the FreeRtos and nothing else, I get only colored stripes on the LCD. What should I do to get it working?

EDIT: I got it working. Just added the MX_TouchGFX_Process(); in the defaulTask for loop.

Hi @HHarj.1​ , then I have to cut off the FreeRtos??? I added the MX_TouchGFX_Process(); in the defaulTask for loop, but no success

Maybe you are not actually running it...when you debug you have to start it by pressing resume icon (or F8). The screen is white before you do. If that's not the case then there's something else wrong if you are not able to run the program.