cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

White screen on stm32f429i-disc1display

DLips.1
Associate II

Hi all,

I am trying to configure my stm32f429i-disc1 with the lates CubeMX 5.5 and TouchGfx 4.13. I have followed the instructions from here: https://touchgfx.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360010921760-TouchGFX-HAL-Development, but my display is still all white (there should be red background with simple 'hello world' string on it).

The project compiles and there is also 1s_cnt which increments properly. I've tried to debug the project and noticed that program enters inside functions:

• void StartScreenPresenter::activate()
  • void StartScreenView::setupScreen()

on startup but only once.

Both the board and the cable are ok, because I can flash MCU with other project and then screen works fine.

Have you got any ideas what I am doing wrong?

51 REPLIES 51

Haven't done the F429-DISCO board yet for CubeMX 5.5/Generator. I'm not sure if i'm ready to conclude that "most" are using that board =) But it's a priority, still. It's one of the next boards. H750 and F750 currently.

When it's done you can combine your project with any matching UI from the designer to have an example project.

/Martin

setupScreen() won't be empty in the base class generated by the designer if you have something on canvas. You can just add a box and break on the box init code.

/MArtin

i've inserted a break point inside the LTDC IRQ , it seems to be firing and calling this handler "HAL_LTDC_IRQHandler(&hltdc);"

Cody
Associate II

I've made some progress with the "blank screen" today. The problem with mine was the SDRAM was not fully initialized.

In CubeIDE 1.1 when you generated code for a project with TouchGFX it would generate the BoardConfiguration and HW_Init that configured some of your hardware for you. I copied SDRAM_Initialization_Sequence from an old project generated with CubeIDE 1.1 and put it my current project in CubeIDE 1.2.1 after MX_FMC_Init. Now I am getting some of the screen I expect to see before it crashes.

Is setupScreen() being called?

What about framebuffer memory? Are you providing an address? If so, is that memory initialized? CubeMX will not do this for you - Someone else fixed his "white screen" issue by fixing his SDRAM configuration .

/Martin

What exactly are you trying to do? What code would you like to "add" ? The documentation explains where to transfer framebuffer to display over e.g. spi.

Are your memories set up correctly? CubeMX has no clue which SDRAM chip (even if its on an ST board) is on your board.

Okay, that's progress - Did you investigate the crash? Something we should talk about? Related to graphics?

i have it set to "By Allocation" , which doesn't ask me for a starting address for the buffer.