cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

White Screen after creating a demo project on TouchGFX for STM32H745I-DISCO Board

PStoc.3
Associate II

Hi ST-Members,

my problem is that nothing is happening on my target board if i create a projekt out of an existing example or an demo, except a blank white screen.

What i have tried:

• Flash erase and run the Demo-Project STM32Cube_Demo-STM32H745I-DISCO-V1.0.0_FULL.hex with STM32CubeProgrammer on my Targetboard --> it runs
  • Creating a Demo or an Exampleproject on TouchGFX and click on "Generate Code" --> it runs
  • Creating a Demo or an Exampleproject on TouchGFX and click on "Run Simulator" --> sometimes the error of missing "texts.xlsx" appears, i fixed it with a blank file named "texts.xlsx" in the required folder. Now it runs
  • Click on "Run Target" --> i fixed the error "Couldn't reserve space for cygwin's heap, Win32 error 0" with rebase via editbin.exe. Now it runs to the End but the screen on target is still white
  • after uploading the data from TouchGFX i have compared the target flash content with the generated "target.hex" --> it has the same content
  • i had uploaded the other generated file "intflash.hex" --> the same result

Are there any solutions or fixed problems like this? Did i forgot any setting or hints?

Thanks a lot

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PStoc.3
Associate II

Hi Osman,

the result was "Run Target Done".

I fixed the problem. In the Option Byte Settings the BCM4 Bit had to be checked. In my config it was unchecked. Now my Example-Projekt works on Target.

Nethertheless thanks for your help.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Osman SOYKURT
ST Employee

Hello PStoc.3,

Unfortunately I can't help with the problem you're facing, I can only help with TouchGFX Designer examples; Cube demos aren't something we can manage with Designer. I can suggest you to use examples that we provide on TouchGFX Designer directly. For that, you can click on "Example" panel on the left, and "Select board setup".

0693W00000JPRV2QAP.pngYou will be able to select  STM32H745I-DISCO board from there, and you'll be given all specific examples for the board you're working with. All these examples are already configured with STM32CubeMX and runnable on target.

Otherwise, you can add more tags to this post, community members of other sections might be able to answer you.

/Osman

Osman SOYKURT
ST Software Developer | TouchGFX
PStoc.3
Associate II

Hi Oskt,

thank you for your answer.

I have already tested a few different Examples (Blank UI, Clock Example and Button Example) to try it on my target board. In "Select board setup" i have chosen the board STM32H745I DISCO, that should be the same as my target board.

If i click on "generate code" or "simulator" it runs perfectly. But if i click on "run target" it runs to the end but the screen on my target is still white.

Patrick

Osman SOYKURT
ST Employee

Hello Patrick,

When you press "Run Target" on TouchGFX Designer, what is the result message you got ? "Run Target Failed" or "Run Target Done" ?

If it's "failed", can you share your error logs ?

If it's "done", I remember I had same problem not too long ago and I resolved it by pressing on the physical "Reset" Button (the black one) on the board itself. Can you try that ?

/Osman

Osman SOYKURT
PStoc.3
Associate II

Hi Osman,

the result was "Run Target Done".

I fixed the problem. In the Option Byte Settings the BCM4 Bit had to be checked. In my config it was unchecked. Now my Example-Projekt works on Target.

Nethertheless thanks for your help.

Osman SOYKURT
ST Employee

You're welcome. Glad that your problem is solved 🙂

/Osman

Osman SOYKURT