cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where should we call the Screen1View::analogUpdate() function in the said video uploaded on Youtube.?

nrbhatt007
Associate II

Hey,

I am using STM32f429VIT6 and TouchGFX graphics library on my custom board I am not using any OS.

I have refered to the video shared in the youtube @ the below location:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbWOv_0Lp-U

where I am able to get the steady display but the variable is not get updated for me. After debugging I have found that my function Screen1View::analogUpdate() was not called anywhere.

SO wanted to ask, where should we call this Screen1View::analogUpdate() function in my code to variable to be updated.

Thanks,

Nirav Bhatt

2 REPLIES 2
Romain DIELEMAN
ST Employee

Hi,

What versions of CubeMX, CubeIDE and TouchGFX are you using ? What is the revision of your board ?

I have not watched the entire video, but know that it works. Have you properly followed the coding steps ? Could you check your code alongside the video again (especially the model/presenter/view section since I see that the anologUpdate function is called at every tick in model.cpp) ?

/Romain

Are you sure for example that you call analogUpdate() in the Model::ticke() loop in model.cpp ? minute 39 of the video.

Have you tried putting a printf before analogUpdate() to see if "if(osSemaphoreWait(binarySemAnaloginputHandle, 100) == osOK)" is ever verified ?

void Model::tick()
{
	if(binarySemAnaloginputHandle != NULL)
	{
		if(osSemaphoreWait(binarySemAnaloginputHandle, 100) == osOK)
		{
			touchgfx_printf("Do I enter the loop ?\n");
			analogUpdate();
		}
	}
}