cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will STM32CubeMX support STM32L4+ TouchGFX ?

MHo.15
Associate III

When will STM32CubeMX support STM32L4+ TouchGFX ? We have a project waiting for this.

29 REPLIES 29

Hi Martin,

Thank you for the update.

End of year is not very inspiring :(

Would you be able to provide a workaround on how to generate code for a project (custom board and custom LCD screen) with CubeMX (except graphics) and then to merge it with the code generated for graphics (in TouchGFX graphics editor?). The goal is to have up and running project on custom PCB with application code generated by CubeMX and with a possibility to re-generate code with CubeMX if updates are required in the application code (with minimum manual editing required each time code is regenerated by CubeMX).

Thank you.

MHo.15
Associate III

Hi Martin,

Actually, I tried to build a TouchGFX KEIL project by just replacing the code generated by TouchGFX graphics editor with project generated by CubeMX for STM32F4. This approach work only for 390*390 display, but failed for 480*272 display. It is because the L4 HAL DSI display driver is compatible with TouchGFX, but RGB display driver is not compatible. Is it possible that ST provide a compatible RGB display driver as a workaround ? Thanks.

I know that's not what you wanted to hear.

I have not tried what you're asking, but it should be doable of course. I think once you're actually working on it i can offer some assistance rather than trying to provide a guide now. Okay?

Best regards,

Martin

Are you talking about the STM32L4-DISCO (390x390) vs -EVAL with 480x272 display?

MHo.15
Associate III

No, I use ​STM32L4R9I-EVAL which has both 390*390 and 480*272 display.

Hi Martin,

Thank you for helping.

I have created the following posting with more details on our project:

https://community.st.com/s/question/0D50X0000Aq9u5qSQA/stm32l4r-touchgfx-8080-lcd-custom-pcb

It would be great if you could provide your input on this.

Pascal1
Associate III

I'm still in the same annoying situation.

I just described what I tried on this feed :

https://community.st.com/s/question/0D50X0000ARQWZOSQ5/stm32l4r9ieval-with-dpi-480x272-lcd-application-template

In fact, I did what martin.ho1 is trying to do. As I said, I have a compiling project but not perfectly running.

I was also hoping something working would be released to help us. Maybe the project you provided as example in the other thread is a good starting point but would be better if you confirm us it works with a 4.10 version.

As we are some to have the same kind of problems, hope you will spend some time on it.

Thanks.

evgeny.kirshin1.5475791684532886E12 ? have you found a solution?

MHo.15
Associate III

Hi Martin,

I try to build a TouchGFX L4+ project by generating a F4 project first and then replace the low level drivers. However, it can not display image correctly.

It should display this 0690X000008iRh6QAE.png

but actually displayed like this . The project file ( for L4R9 EVAL board ) is uploaded. Could you please help to check what the problem is ? Thanks.0690X000008iRhVQAU.png

I don't have an L4R9-EVAL board with the 480x272 display in the lab currently. Maybe you can help me out a bit with some more information:

Have you tried debugging a bit? Is the application working but just displaying things incorrectly?

/Martin