When is TouchGFX going Multi Platform.

GOmon.1
Associate III

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Alexandre RENOUX
Principal

Hello GOmon.1,

Porting TouchGFX on Mac and Linux is currently not part of our roadmap for this year but it's something we are considering already.

I suggest to make yourself seen by writing in the Idea Zone.

The more people agree with your proposal, the quicker it will be part of TouchGFX 🙂

/Alexandre

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
GOmon.1
Associate III

Hi all

I think that nowadays for great tools to become the greatest tools, they need to be available to everyone (Linux, Mac & Win).

I don't know too many engineers today that use windoze for embedded development purely through choice.

They are forced into an unstable low performance buggy development environment because it is financially convenient for chip vendors to use old outdated development strategies and find it easier to get a "sugar high" buy purchasing a great product like TouchGFX and milking it like a cow until something else comes along .

TouchGFX and the whole "Cube project" are an awesome achievement and it is wonderfull to see that ST has the foresight to arrange such a union.

But to leave the most significant part of the project "the Gui Designer" on such a broken operating system as the only possibility,

is obviously the decision of an Accountant or someone who is not at all forwards thinking .

Look at the success of Qt.

I personally love the current setup but find it increasingly annoying running from room to room just to update the UI.

And I have a dedicated windows setup just for running TouchGFX and a couple of other compilers and after 12 months it runs like a pig.

My mac has been running the same disk for 7 years and runs like a rocket in comparison.

Please Please Please "Port the Designer"

Thanks

Martin you're a legend .......Thanks

Alexandre RENOUX
Principal

Hello GOmon.1,

Porting TouchGFX on Mac and Linux is currently not part of our roadmap for this year but it's something we are considering already.

I suggest to make yourself seen by writing in the Idea Zone.

The more people agree with your proposal, the quicker it will be part of TouchGFX 🙂

/Alexandre