cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to turn on the LCD screen on STM32F723E-DISCO

SGROU.1
Associate III

Hello, I'm working on a STM32F723E-Discovery and I'm trying to use the LCD screen.

I can't even turn it on.

There is a demo version that when I implement it, works correctly, the screen is functional. But the source code is not provided with the demo version, so I can't compare with my configuration ...

I think it's a CPU configuration problem on CubeMX, actually I don't really know which configuration to do.

Do you have examples of configurations on CubeMX for this board ? I can't find anything on the internet.

Of course I installed TouchGFX generator and activated it on my configuration, then I opened TouchGFX with the file associated with it, then I put a simple button and I generated the code, it was well generated without errors and was well implemented in my project.

But when I build and debug no errors, nothing moves, the screen doesn't deign to light up.

Note that this is not a default of the card as the demo project is working properly.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

In older projects like this one you can find some project files for different target GUI. In this case there is:

• EWARM (IAR)
  • MDK-ARM (Keil)
  • SW4STM32 (AC6)

The latter one can directly be imported into STM32CubeIDE using

• File > Import...
  • Select General > Import ac6 System Workbench for STM32 Project
  • Insert the path to the project (e.g. C:\[xyz]\Projects\STM32F723E-Discovery\Demonstrations\STemWin) into the field Import source
  • Make sure to only select the line where Import as is set to Eclipse project
  • Click finish

In newer projects you will also find IOC files that can be used with STM32CubeMX or STM32CubeIDE.

Good luck!

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

You will find them either in your firmware repository which is necessary for STM32CubeMX or STM32CubeIDE...

STM32Cube_FW_F7_V1.16.0\Projects\STM32F723E-Discovery

or in the (identical) github repository.

Good luck!

When your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
SGROU.1
Associate III

Thanks for the answer, I'll look into it and give you feedback if I can make it work!

I've looked around and I have a few questions:

Is it possible to use CubeIDE with projects given on GitHub instead of Keil uVision?

Also, do you have a configuration file for CubeMX STM32F723 running for an LCD screen?

Because in the projects on GITHUB, you don't use CubeMX, so I still can't make the link between KeiluVision and CubeMX regarding the processor configuration.

Thanks

In older projects like this one you can find some project files for different target GUI. In this case there is:

• EWARM (IAR)
  • MDK-ARM (Keil)
  • SW4STM32 (AC6)

The latter one can directly be imported into STM32CubeIDE using

• File > Import...
  • Select General > Import ac6 System Workbench for STM32 Project
  • Insert the path to the project (e.g. C:\[xyz]\Projects\STM32F723E-Discovery\Demonstrations\STemWin) into the field Import source
  • Make sure to only select the line where Import as is set to Eclipse project
  • Click finish

In newer projects you will also find IOC files that can be used with STM32CubeMX or STM32CubeIDE.

Good luck!

/Peter

Thank you for your help,

Despite this one, I still can't turn on the LCD screen for my STM32F723E ...

Would you have a clear and precise tutorial about this board showing in details the processor configuration ?

Or an .ioc file already configured to use an LCD screen on this board.

Thanks