cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

trying to create a bare bones project and I keep getting a "recipe for target 'all' failed"

BRobb.1
Associate III

How do I get a bare bones project running?

3 REPLIES 3
KnarfB
Principal III

so, what tools are you using and where is the (stripped down) code (Makefile)?

BRobb.1
Associate III

Sorry my question was too general. I started TouchGFX 4.18.0. Created a project from the template for STM32H745I-Disco. Added a box, made it blue. Added a button with text and compiled it.

I could not get it to download with this basic setup to the target. It would compile but would give me an error when I downloaded it.

Reading CM7/TouchGFX/application.config

Generating CM7/TouchGFX/generated/images/src/__designer/image_Blue_Buttons_Round_Edge_small.cpp

Generating CM7/TouchGFX/generated/images/src/__designer/image_Blue_Buttons_Round_Edge_small_pressed.cpp

Generating CM7/TouchGFX/generated/images/include/BitmapDatabase.hpp

Generating CM7/TouchGFX/generated/images/src/BitmapDatabase.cpp

make[2]: *** No rule to make target 'CM7/TouchGFX/assets/texts/texts.xlsx', needed by 'CM7/TouchGFX/generated/texts/include/texts/TextKeysAndLanguages.hpp'. Stop.

make[2]: Leaving directory 'c:/TouchGFXProjects/MyApplication_4'

make[1]: *** [all] Error 2

makefile_cm7:49: recipe for target 'all' failed

make[1]: Leaving directory 'C:/TouchGFXProjects/MyApplication_4/gcc'

../../gcc/Makefile:10: recipe for target 'flash' failed

make: *** [flash] Error 2

Failed

Failed

Mr. Berticus
Associate II

Go into the CM7 makefile for your project and change "text_database := $(asset_texts_input)/texts.xlsx" to "text_database := $(asset_texts_input)/texts.xml". That did the trick for me, and you will only have to do this once. I have regenerated code in TouchGFX Designer multiple times and it didn't overwrite this ammendment. I think it's because ST switched the text format from .xlsx to .xml recently... Hope this helps! 0693W00000KaaRtQAJ.png