cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TouchGFX with the Hardware Button

Azeem
Associate II

Hi,

I am new to the TouchGFX library and trying to make it work with the STM32F429-DISC1 board. The touch display is working fine and I don't see any issues with it. I am now trying to work around the Hardware Button to work with the TouchGFX library.

On the board there is a PUSH button and I want to make it work with the screens. I know there is a workshop available for the Hardware button and TouchGFX interface.

Is there any example available to work with the Push button or Hardware Buttons with the TouchGFX library or any resources?

I would appreciate your help.

Thanks

Azeem

12 REPLIES 12

Sorry @Michael K​ , maybe im defense, but not to you , better is say to TouchGFX maintainers ( when you arnt :-) ). And as you write complex examples is for C++ experts and Designer is for users without this knowledge. Then i mean simplest way is simply simples and for more complicated Interactions you dont need 15 or 30 , you can use one and set NEW VIRTUAL FUNCTION and this write manualy only inj View. And of course you have right, that exist project where you need Model - Presenter - View communicate, but real user need to know, that Model class exist in TouchGFX only in one instance ...

Alexandre RENOUX
Principal

Hello AMuha.1,

You can take a look at the G071-NUCLEO Application template available in TouchGFX Designer 4.15. This project uses a proper ButtonController class that is used by TouchGFX to check the state of the hardware buttons (in this project case, it's a joystick with 5 states).

The only difference that you will face is that you need to find out which pin you need to look at on the F429-DISCO to get the current state of the hardware button :)

Hope this will help.

/Alexandre

Azeem
Associate II

Thanks Guys, I will take a look at the above examples. Appreciated