cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TouchGfx with ILI9341

zain_stm32
Associate II

Hi All,

This is the first time I am posting on this forum. I am new to cubeIde/cubeMX world.

I have recently started integrating the touchGFX capability to my stm32 boards. I followed some online tutorials and youtube videos like these:

(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1siKaPox88&list=PL6Fwy7aR3zSlZO3OBppHSzDacE4CGgRqO)

However I am having issues in compiling my code. The moment I compile my code I get like 200+ errors in  middleware and touchgfx/generate folder. I have tried creating a project using different boards however I am keep getting these errors.  I have tried configuring the board in cubeMx and then importing it in cubeIde, also tried creating  a project in just cubeide as well but i am keep getting these issues.

My cubeMx version is: 6.12.0

CubeIde version: Version: 1.16.0

TouchGfx version: 4.23.2

I have B-l475e-iot01a2(discovery board) and STM32L073RZ board. Problem is not the board here I tried creating a project using different board but my program is not compiling hence flashing the code to the board is the next step.

Please let me know what I am doing wrong. Any help will be much appreciated. I have attached screenshots of the errors I am getting. Please let me know if you guys need any further information.

Zain

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Those are linker errors.

They suggest that you are missing some source files and/or libraries.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Andrew Neil
Evangelist III

Thanks for your response, The link which you shared helped me to understand that the first error matters the most but I am not sure how to resolve the first error and what is causing this problem. please have a look on my first 5 errors:

C:/Users/username/STM32CubeIDE/workspace_1.16.0/Test_TouchGFX/Debug/../Middlewares/ST/touchgfx/framework/include/touchgfx/ConstFont.hpp:35: undefined reference to `vtable for touchgfx::ConstFont'

C:/Users/username/STM32CubeIDE/workspace_1.16.0/Test_TouchGFX/Debug/../TouchGFX/generated/fonts/src/GeneratedFont.cpp:14: undefined reference to `touchgfx::ConstFont::ConstFont(touchgfx::GlyphNode const*, unsigned short, unsigned short, unsigned short, unsigned char, unsigned char, unsigned char, unsigned char, unsigned char, unsigned char, unsigned short, unsigned short)'

C:/Program Files/ST/STM32CubeIDE_1.16.0/STM32CubeIDE/plugins/com.st.stm32cube.ide.mcu.externaltools.gnu-tools-for-stm32.12.3.rel1.win32_1.0.200.202406191623/tools/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/12.3.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: ./TouchGFX/generated/fonts/src/GeneratedFont.o:(.rodata._ZTVN8touchgfx13GeneratedFontE+0x10): undefined reference to `touchgfx::ConstFont::getGlyph(unsigned short, unsigned char const*&, unsigned char&) const'

C:/Program Files/ST/STM32CubeIDE_1.16.0/STM32CubeIDE/plugins/com.st.stm32cube.ide.mcu.externaltools.gnu-tools-for-stm32.12.3.rel1.win32_1.0.200.202406191623/tools/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/12.3.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: ./TouchGFX/generated/fonts/src/GeneratedFont.o:(.rodata._ZTVN8touchgfx13GeneratedFontE+0x28): undefined reference to `touchgfx::Font::getCharWidth(unsigned short) const'

Those are linker errors.

They suggest that you are missing some source files and/or libraries.

I created this project in stmcubeIde and then clicked on the part file to open touchgfx designer.

I used one of the touchButton example and then click generateCode on touchGFX designer to generate files on stmcubeIde.

Refreshing cubeIde generated the touchGFX files in my repo.  I just imported driver files for ILI9341, the rest of the code is auto-generated so I am not sure which library or source files might be missing.

Can you provide some direction that which files or libraries I am missing here?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Just to let you guys know I managed to resolve this issue.

For some reason cubeIde dint have the path to libtouchgfx.a file.

To include this file into your project goto C/C++ Build-->Setting. Under the tool setting goto:

MCU/MPU G++ Linker--->Libraries and then type touchgfx (instead of libtouchgfx.a) (omit lib prefix and .a suffix)under the "Libraries (-l)" option and under the "Library search path (-L)" give the path address.

After generating the code from touchgfx you have to search the right file for your mcu because there might be multiple files for each M cortex. I was using coretx M0+ and for me file was located under following path:

C:\Users\username\STM32CubeIDE\workspace_1.16.0\stm32L073xx_touchGfx\Middlewares\ST\touchgfx\lib\core\cortex_m0\gcc