cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Touchgfx video Widget not working, run into hardware fault while initialization

Guopeng
Associate II

I have a STM32F767 board, and a demo with 10.1 inch display which is working fine without video.

And I tried to add only one, like below, and when I download the code into the MCU, it will run into hardware fault.

After some debug, I found in:

1. it will not able to run to main of the c code;
  2. in __main, it will call some cpp initialization code, and will call some freertos api, this cause some problem, you can ref to below picture, I'm not very familiar with C++

0693W00000KcnFGQAZ.png The call stack

0693W00000Kcr1XQAR.png0693W00000Kcr5yQAB.pngThis I really don't understood, why this generated code will call the osSemaphoreCreate at this time, because the freertos is not initialized yet?

0693W00000KcrESQAZ.pngmy configuration in mx

0693W00000KcnIPQAZ.png 

version information:

0693W00000KcnIaQAJ.png0693W00000KcnIyQAJ.pngAppreciate for your comments, thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Osman SOYKURT
ST Employee

Hello Guopeng,

Adding video requires a bit of configuration which is described in this documentation (+ this one)

There's a paragraph about STM32F7 series here, as far as I see there is important steps about configuring RGB_FORMAT and DMA Settings. If you haven't already, I suggest you to see this docs and if you have any question about it or if you still have your issue, don't hesitate to post it on the forum.

/Osman

Osman SOYKURT
ST Software Developer | TouchGFX
Alexandre RENOUX
Principal

Hello Guopeng,

Have you created a dedicated task for the video decoding ?

The F769-DK TBS available in TouchGFX Designer supports the video widget out-of-the-box.

Please check and make sure that you have the same configuration on your side.

/Alexandre