cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TouchGFX scroll list, scroll direction setting.

LauraCx
ST Employee

Is there away to change the scroll list scrolling direction? It looks like the direction is assumed. For an example, if scroll is set for vertical, the item is moved into the view from the opposite direction when dragged as itemIndex is increased. For an example, if the itemIndex is 1 and the dragged direction is from the bottom to the top of the screen, the itemIndex 1 is moved into the view from the bottom of the screen (assumed the current item being displayed has index of 0). I would like to see if there is a way to change the direction such that when dragged from the bottom of the screen to the top, the last item (item with last index) is moving into the screen from the bottom.

Is there any way to control direction of the scrolling?

Thanks

--------------

Question moved by moderation to the right topic list @PPanb.1​ 

2 REPLIES 2
Yoann KLEIN
ST Employee

Hello @PPanb.1​ ,

In TouchGFXDesigner, you can change the scrolling direction from Vertical to Horizontal.

0693W00000NrbOiQAJ.png 

But I don't really understand what you wanna do : when you scroll from the bottom to the top of the screen, shouldn't it be simply that the next item from the list is displayed on the screen ? Why would you like to have another element of the list displayed then ?

Maybe could you provide screenshots and more detailed explanation of how do you want your list to behave, so I can understand a bit better ?

Thank you a lot.

And thanks @Laura C.​, for redirecting this post to the right topic list 😊

/Yoann

Yoann KLEIN
ST Software Developer | TouchGFX
PPanb.1
Associate II

Thank you so much for your reply Youann! I am sorry that I was not clearer in communicating the issue. I was comparing to the horizontal scrolling vs vertical scrolling. I see that TouchGFX keeps track of itemIndex and passes that to the scroll item update callback the same way for both horizon and vertical scrolling. I was looking to see if there is another way to change the behavior of animation and I understand that itemIndex cannot be changed.

Regardless, I have found a work around solution to my problem. Basically, for vertical scrolling to match the how it shows items as horizontal, I use the given itemIndex but map to the item to be displayed in the opposite order. This makes how items are shown when scrolling using vertical the same as horizontal orientation.

Thank you again!