cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TouchGFX interworking against a capacitive touchscreen with LCD ctrl NV3035C, CTP ctrl FT5426 ?

andrea venturi
Associate III

i have to move from dev board to final product still on STM32F429 but the 320x240 display has different controllers: NV3035C & FT5426

the link will still be RGB (maybe RGB666) with Hsync e Vsync (is clk needed too?) as per the LCD pinout here: 0690X000008B6a5QAC.png

i failed to find hits on google. anyway i suppose it should work out. the general hints are clear:

https://touchgfx.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/204993942-Changing-to-a-different-display

then only thing i wonder is about the "init cmd sequence" [*] to be sent on the "half duplex" SPI bus. trial and error is a way, but i'm open to hear about past experiences.

of course also the touchscreen could need an effort.

the FT5426 controller has the typical connection I2C/IRQ/RESET .. so i suppose one can always find the way following these hints: https://touchgfx.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/204993932-Changing-to-a-different-touch-controller

thanx in advance for any advice

[*] i casually checked the ILI9341 init on the discovery board and i found a number of cmd sent. some with "register" unknown in the datasheet i found on net! :|

1 REPLY 1
Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

Hi @Community member​,

Are you using the NV3035C in a serial (8bit) or parallel (24bit) setup? Probably the last since you're on an STM32F429.

Which display do you have currently? The hints given in that article are correct - If you're already coming from a parallel RGB setup then it will be an easy switch since you basically just need to get the display configuration right (porch configuration, pixel clock, etc) and get your VSYNC interrupt going which drives TouchGFX along.

Many of our touch controller implementations are based on ft5336 so yours may be similar and you should be able to get some inspiration there.

Let me know

Best regards,

Martin