cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TouchGFX Designer to STM32IDE

RomanKreber
Associate II

Hello,

basically I've got myself STM32WB55 evaluation board and NUCLEO-GFX01M2 display module, to test out the TouchGFX Designer.

And right at the start I got a problem I can not solve myself. After I've created a simple project in Designer and flashed it on board, I tried to alter the code and opened the project in STM32CubeIDE, buildet it, and flashed again...and got a surprising picture.

What do I do wrong here?

Pic1: Designer flash.

Pic2: CubeIDE flash.

Thanky you!

Best regards

8 REPLIES 8
egoltzman
Senior

Hi Roman,

Did you load the external flash?

Hey egoltzman,

I would say NO. To be fair, I'm new to IDE and GFX.

All I did was "Run"-ing project created in Designer on CubeIDE.

I awaited to see the same window here, what was not the case.

egoltzman
Senior

You need to load the external QSPI with the CubeIDE or the CubeProgrammer using the MX25L6433F_GFX01M2_STM32WB.stldr external loader

Roman,

Since you say you are new to this, I thought I'd show you where that external loader is selected and enabled. You need to select and edit a Launch Configuration from the Run/Debug Settings under your Project->Properties:

0693W00000Nq6PwQAJ.pngThen on the Debugger Tab, scroll all the way down and you will see the external Loader option (mine is a different file than yours).

0693W00000Nq6QGQAZ.pngAlso, to optimize loading time, you can copy your Launch Configuration and modify it to NOT enable the external loader. Whenever you make GUI changes and then want to debug, use the configuration with the loader enabled. If no GUI changes have occurred since your last debugging session, use the configuration with the loader disabled. There is no need to have the external loader run if you already have the latest GUI changes in flash.

Hey egoltzman,

thanks for your replay. I can't evene find this kind of external QSPI. I chosed another one, at the very beginning, and it seems to not work properly:

I've had S25FL128S_STM32WB5MMG-DK, 0x90000000, NOR_FLASH, S25FL128S_STM32WB5MM-DK.stldr selected.

0693W00000Nq9o1QAB.png

Hey wired,

thank you for your reply! I've indeed chosed the loader at the very beginning, but it could not solve my problem, unless I chose the wrong one. But tbh it's the only one that had my microcontroller name in it (see my reply to egoltzman).

I don't think your selected loader will work - it looks like the QSPI flash is a S25FL128S model, whereas I believe the display module contains an MX25L6433F model. egoltzman seems to have the correct loader identified, so you need to determine why it is not showing up in CubeIDE. Do you have the X-CUBE-DISPLAY 2.0.1 software component selected as described in the Designer when the board setup is selected? If so, I would reach out to ST tech support. I haven't used this eval board, so I'm out of ideas. Good luck.

Osman SOYKURT
ST Employee

Hello RomanKreber,

I also think you have a external loader problem here. You need to use the MX25L6433F_GFX01M2_STM32WB.stldr as egoltzman said. This file can be find under the gcc folder of your parent project folder.

What you need to do is to copy paste this stldr file to the folder containing all external loaders. It's located here :

C:\.....YOUR_PATH_TO_INSTALLATION....\CubeIDE\STM32CubeIDE_1.9.0\STM32CubeIDE\plugins\com.st.stm32cube.ide.mcu.externaltools.cubeprogrammer.win32_2.0.200.202202231230\tools\bin\ExternalLoader

Then retry to open STM32CubeIDE, you should be able to use this external loader.

Also, I recommend you to add that stldr file in your STM32CubeProgrammer (C:\Program Files\STMicroelectronics\STM32Cube\STM32CubeProgrammer\bin\ExternalLoader)

Let me know if you succeed on it, or if you need more help 🙂

/Osman

Osman SOYKURT
ST Software Developer | TouchGFX