cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TouchGFX Designer - Hebrew pointing characters are not rendered as expected

MB.1
Associate II

Hi there,

as stated in the subject, I can't get the Hebrew pointing/dotting rendered properly inside the strings. It seems that these characters (U+05B0 to U+05C4) are printed as standalone characters and some kind of kerning info is not considered by the TouchGFX.

I attach the images to make the point clear. The following is the Hebrew word rendered properly (on the PC)

0693W00000GVtNvQAL.pngwhereas the next image is the same word rendered by TouchGFX

0693W00000GVtNuQAL.pngI'm using the Designer v4.16.1 and the Font is the Arial Unicode MS.

Is there a way to get the proper string rendering or this is a limitation of the TouchGFX?

Thank you. Regards

Mario Benzoni

5 REPLIES 5
Romain DIELEMAN
ST Employee

Hi,

Could you try this with the latest versions of TouchGFX (either 4.18 or 4.17). There has been improvement in the font handling in those versions which "may" fix this issue.

/Romain

MB.1
Associate II

Hi Romain,

thank you for the quick feedback.

I tried running the Simulator with Designer 4.18 and the issue is still present. More precisely in the Text tab the characters are rendered as expected

0693W00000GW8vcQAD.png 

but in the Canvas and in the screen they are still treated improperly

0693W00000GW8wzQAD.pngDo you then confirm that this is a current TouchGFX "limitation"?

Thank you

Mario Benzoni

I am afraid so yes. I tried with different fonts as well to make sure it was not just Arial Unicode MS but they all seemed to have the "." misplaced.

I have created a task to further investigate and see how we can fix that but cannot promise a fix in the near short term.

/Romain

Marco.R
Senior

Did you try to change the direction RTL instead of LTR? In your screenshot you selected LTR (arrow to right).

I tried and it does not change the behaviour. The test with the 4.18 is just a quick try with the simulator since my real application, which has the proper settings, is made with v4.16.

Do you have a working example?