Associate

***Settings

MCU: STM32F405RG

CubeMx: 6.2.0

CubeIDE: 1.6.0

TouchGFX: 4.16.1

Firmware Package: FW_F4 1.26.0

​

0693W000008y84wQAA.pngI am trying to port a program designed in Windows to firmware.

STM32CubeIDE was the first time I used it, so I studied it through the community.

And, I proceeded the work in the following order.

1.Select MCU via STM32Cubemx

2. Pinout setting

3. Select TouchGFX from software pack

4. generate code

5. Create 1 page with shapes in TouchGFX

6. generate code

7. Run STM32CubeIDE

8. Run Debug

For reference, I haven't written any user code.

Then the following message appeared.

TouchGFX/App/app_touchgfx.o: in function `MX_TouchGFX_Init'

undefined reference to 'touchgfx_init'

Settings related to TouchGFX appear to be a problem, but I haven't been able to find the cause.

Could you please let me know the problem?

0693W000008y83PQAQ.png 

0693W000008y83UQAQ.png0693W000008y83ZQAQ.png 

19 REPLIES 19

I am happy to hear that it works now at least ��

You are right concerning the path difference between creating a project from CubeMX or CubeIDE, it seems very likely that this could be the source of the error (which is then fixable as well, but just move on, no need for you to spend more time on it.

To be honest I always start my project from CubeMX for this reason (this is our process as well when we create new application templates since we wish to also support different toolchains/IDE), I need to force myself to start creating projects directly from CubeIDE, since most of the users like you do it, in order to try to face the same errors.

/Romain

This is something you can set within STM32CubeIDE, but I can't remember how sorry. Have a look at the documentation or create another post with the STM32CubeIDe tag in it if you wish to do this.

/Romain

@KRega.1​ ,@Romain DIELEMAN​  I had the same problem (MX_TouchGFX_Init), then I tried a simple blank project for STM32H7B3I-DK starting from MX v 6.2.1 but I've the attached errors:0693W00000AMRRhQAP.png0693W00000AMRRrQAP.png0693W00000AMRRwQAP.png 

Do you wish to work with or without an OS ? Your screenshots are confusing ��

Could you create a new post with your question ? It is not really the same as the one in this post.

/Romain

Htery.1
Associate

I am facing the same issue in my device please guide me the reason why its not resolving I tried three or four times but its the same result every time.

Hi,

Could you give more information on your setup ? What version of TouchGFX/STM32CubeMX/STM32CubeIDE are you using ? What MCU are you using ? Are you using a custom board or a ST development kit ? Are you using an RTOS? Could you share your project or screenshots of your errors ?

/Romain

Hello,

I'm facing the same exact problem as mentioned in this thread in the start.

Versions of software's

STM32CubeIDE 1.7.0

STM32CubeMX 6.3.0

TouchGFX 4.17.0

I'm using STM32H757I-eval board.

And I'm not using RTOS.

I have tried creating the project from the STM32CubeIDE and STM32CubeMX

But still I'm getting the same exact errors as the screenshot in the beginning.

I have tried all possible ways I could but I'm not able to solve the issues.

Please do provide me a solution for the same.

Regards.

Hi,

Could you check if your project is C++? When you right click on your project in the tree view in STM32CubeIDE, look for "Convert to C" or "Convert to C++" option. You need to use C++ to work with TouchGFX.

0693W00000FB330QAD.png 

/Romain

Hello,

I have converted my project to c++ yet the errors remain the same.

0693W00000FB89mQAD.pngRegards

Hi,

I am not accustomed to dual cores yet so I would advise to create a project from TouchGFX Designer with the TBS for the STM32H747 disco board and compare its configuration.

/Romain