KSUNG.2
Associate

***Settings

MCU: STM32F405RG

CubeMx: 6.2.0

CubeIDE: 1.6.0

TouchGFX: 4.16.1

Firmware Package: FW_F4 1.26.0

0693W000008y84wQAA.pngI am trying to port a program designed in Windows to firmware.

STM32CubeIDE was the first time I used it, so I studied it through the community.

And, I proceeded the work in the following order.

1.Select MCU via STM32Cubemx

2. Pinout setting

3. Select TouchGFX from software pack

4. generate code

5. Create 1 page with shapes in TouchGFX

6. generate code

7. Run STM32CubeIDE

8. Run Debug

For reference, I haven't written any user code.

Then the following message appeared.

TouchGFX/App/app_touchgfx.o: in function `MX_TouchGFX_Init'

undefined reference to 'touchgfx_init'

Settings related to TouchGFX appear to be a problem, but I haven't been able to find the cause.

Could you please let me know the problem?

0693W000008y83PQAQ.png 

0693W000008y83UQAQ.png0693W000008y83ZQAQ.png 

19 REPLIES 19
KRega.1
Associate II

Hi did you ever solve this problem? I'm having the same exact issue...

Kevin

Hi,

Could you share a screenshot of how you configured TouchGFX in your STM32CubeMX project ? Are you working with an RTOS ?

/Romain

KRega.1
Associate II

Thanks Romain for getting back to me. No OS, just bare metal.

0693W000008zzmAQAQ.png0693W000008zzm5QAA.png 

No OS, Just baremetal for now.

If you are not using an OS, you can have a look at the application template for the STM32G0 nucleo board available in TouchGFX Designer. It might help you figure out if you are missing something in the TouchGFX configuration.

Questions I should have asked earlier as well: Have you made sure you generated code again from TouchGFX Designer after generating code from STM32CubeMX ? Could you also try to clean the project within STM32CubeIDE by right clicking on the name of the project in the tree view on the left of STM32CubeIDE.

/Romain

1)Have you made sure you generated code again from TouchGFX Designer after generating code from STM32CubeMX ?

Yes

2)Could you also try to clean the project within STM32CubeIDE by right clicking on the name of the project in the tree view on the left of STM32CubeIDE.

Did this as well.

Checked the STM32G0 settings in the TouchGFX Designer. Nothing missing.

I have exported the project here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3pqlmrgwukl1zzg/PEMF.zip?dl=0

My experience level is just C with Microchip micro's. This is my first STM32 project.

KRega.1
Associate II

0693W00000AMIXvQAP.png0693W00000AMIXmQAP.pngRomain,

After reading all day/watching videos and almost giving up hope, I created a new blank project going through Mx first to generate files and that worked. Earlier I started with the STM32cubeIDE. Maybe that was the problem? Also I remember TouchGFX or MX being updated to next version (current one that is out now). This could also have caused a problem? Or simply my file structure was wrong because generating all the files from MX, then opening it in the STM32cubeIDE gave me a very different file structure... 😂

KRega.1
Associate II

Something else I observed too. STM32CubeMX 6.1.1 is my version when I created opened this app independently and created the working version. When I accessed the MX from my STM32cubeIDE the version was 6.2.1...