cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TouchGFX animation documentation

RLarr.1
Associate II

I am using a custom STM32H743BIT6 board connected to a 480x272 display.  I have implemented several software products with this hardware and are working fine.  The issue I am having is I am trying to use the Animated Image for the first time.  After compiling code the images selected scroll as expected.  However depending on the images I select for the First Image and Last Image I get a red box around the image in TouchGFX and the Simulator button becomes inactive. When hovering over the Start Simulator button it provides the message "Can't run Simulator".  It does generate code in the TouchGFX environment and compiles in the CubeIDE without error or warning. The red box around the image in TouchGFX is indicating some type of error but I have not been able to find anything what it might be nor requirements for the images selected.  

It makes no difference if the images are used else ware or not.

Additionally if I select the same image that is causing the issue for the First Image and the Last Image everything is fine and the simulation runs with the one image selected in both places.

My images are all PNG files.  Using image defaults for almost all image options.  The exception is default image format is set for Opague is L8_RG888 and Non-Opaque ARG8888.  A couple of the images have too many colors and use RGB888 as the image format selected on the images page.

Are there constraints on the image size difference between the First Image and the Last Image?  Are there any other constraints I should be aware of about the selected files? Image format?

Is there a way to get the error the red box around the image is trying to convey?

Thanks,
Raymond

1 REPLY 1

Hello @RLarr.1 ,

Based on the information you have provided, it seems like your images don't have the same dimensions. Make sure all of them have same width and height. Plus, If you're using images with numerous colors, it's better to set the 'Opaque Image Format' to RGB888. 

If none of the solutions work, please share your project with us so we can investigate it better.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Mohammad MORADI
ST Software Developer | TouchGFX