cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TouchGFX 4.10.0 with STM32CubeIDE 1.0.0 and STM32F476G-Disco

hansd56
Senior II

Not really a question. I have attached a little test project for the STM32F476-Disco board using the newest ST tools. There are still problems and changes need to be made to the project. The Simulator and Build Code buttons do not work in the designer. The TouchGFX command line tool must be used for building the objects and the simulator. The simulator.exe file is located in the build folder within the TouchGFX folder. Before loading it into the target the code must be build with STM32CubeIDE.

11 REPLIES 11
I did not have problems with compiling in the end. Sorry, I left the linker path in the absolute path. My projects are sitting at E: drive. The project generated by the integrated CubeMX did not compile because of:
1. The simulator folder and references to the simulator in Middlewares had to be removed from the CubeIDE project with 'Resource Configurations->Remove from project' option
2. BSP folder in 'Drivers' was missing as per your document for the STM32F746G-Disco
3. Touchscreen had to be enabled as per your document for the STM32F746G-Disco
4. The project is created in internal memory
For memory handling I can advise to have a look at MCUEspressoIDE to how easy it is to select memory regions and put them as bootable. Just an idea 🙂
Furthermore, the CubeIDE doesn't seem to have the FreeRTOS capabilities of TrueStudio (TrueSTUDIO NRND). That's a bit inconvenient when debugging a project that only runs with FreeRTOS. I have since changed the firmware in ST Link to Segger.
Regards,
Hans

That's good, at least.