cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32U575I-EV_Demo compiled binary touchscreen not responsive

MSher.1
Associate III

After flashing the compiled binary the touchscreen in the demo is not responsive. The rest of the demo is working as expected.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The issue you mentioned seems strange. anyway, you have solved the issue.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
jiangfan
ST Employee

it seems that touchscreen only works for part of STM32U575I-EV_Demo items, such as Memory Access. joystick has to be used for most demo items.

MSher.1
Associate III

Thanks jiangfan, but running the demo from source in the debugger (both Keil and STMCubeIDE) does enable general touchscreen interaction.

Thanks jiangfan, but running the demo from source in the debugger (both Keil and STMCubeIDE) does enable general touchscreen interaction.

Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @MSher.1​,

Have you an Error message ?

Which IDE are you using ? Did you reproduced this issue with IAR or Keil ?

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

Hi Imen,

There was no error message; the touchscreen just didn't work when using the binary from ST's site: STM32CubeU5_Demo_STM32U575I-EV.hex. The touchscreen worked out of the box, but then after downloading the binary image it did not. I tried that a few times. Then I built the code for the demo in both CubeIDE and Keil and while debugging, the touchscreen works then. I have not tried creating a binary from the demo code and loading that using CubeProgrammer.

Michael

The issue you mentioned seems strange. anyway, you have solved the issue.

Hi Michael,

As mentionned Jiangfan: "touchscreen only works for part of STM32U575I-EV_Demo items, such as Memory Access. joystick has to be used for most demo items".

The source code is updated in the patch release '1.0.1'

Best Regards,

Ismail