Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F429I Discovery LCD screen can only be seen at an angle

rockybalboa__
Associate II

You just read the title and were like: 
"some People have the weirdest problems"

Unfortunately thats literally the case with me, and I am like 70% sure its a hardware problem but I'll ask here in case a knowledgeable person has dealt with this before.

Here is the problem:

IMG_0219.jpg

IMG_0220.jpg

 Context:

The LCD was working completely fine until literally and I mean like completely randomly stopped working normal. I've tried changing the wire and didnt work, the board is running demo software from TouchGFX and I'm 99% sure its not a software issue since the same software was working perfectly normal before. 
Worst part is that I didnt even do anything that would cause a hardware problem, it was working normal and then I reprogrammed the software (same software) and it was like the current state. Touch controller working fine as well, any other sample code I flash, also gives same result. It's like the screen colours are so dim, kinda hard to explain but I think the only one who can give a solution is someone who had the same problem and then fixed it, otherwise i think its a goner.

2 REPLIES 2
rockybalboa__
Associate II

The software demo is the bubbles TouchGFX thing, 

電腦端模擬02.png

AScha.3
Chief II

looks like the contrast voltage is wrong - if you are absolutely sure, you have all the init settings (vcom, vdrive...whatever on this chip) are 100% same, you might have a contact problem.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".