Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F4 Discovery with OV3640/OV5642 camera module

mahesh23
Associate
Posted on January 24, 2013 at 08:05

Hi,

I am using STM32F4 discovery board and ported STM32_Eval DCMI(From OV2640)example to work with OV3640.

I used OV3640 to grab RGB image using settings from

http://www.arducam.com/download/

library QVGA setting. I could get image using my ported firmware and can see it in Irfanview(although looks very weird).

I am using same firmware with modified register setting(as per arducam library) for OV5642 module but somehow I am unable to get the image. I am getting DCMI_IT_FRAME interrupt but I think it is wrong because I am not getting any DMA interrupt which I think I should get. I can read OV5642 chipid using I2C interface correctly, Also I can read/write register correctly.

I am using 8MHz STM32F4 clock output(MCO1) to drive OV5642 clock.

Does any one have idea why I am not getting any DMA interrupt? 

ST peripheral library have register setting for OV2640 and OV9655 module. Where can i get similar register setting for OV3640/OV5642 module?

Regards,

Mahesh

#stm32f4 #ov5640 #ov5642 #dcmi #dcmi #stm32f4discovery #dma #duplicate #hijack
9 REPLIES 9
Posted on January 24, 2013 at 17:13

Where can i get similar register setting for OV3640/OV5642 module?

Presumably from the vendor, or via the data sheet. Randomly pasting code from Google doesn't seem to be a very sound engineering practice.

It's hard to critique code, or suggest failure modes when it's not posted for review.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
mahesh23
Associate
Posted on February 09, 2013 at 07:22

Hi clive,

I am in contact with manufacturer now and getting register setting for OV5640 module. I took register setting from Arducam library since I bought module from them and contacting manufacturer was little time consuming process.

Right now I interfaced STM32F4 discovery board with OV5640 module and able to capture QVGA and QQVGA JPEG image. I am using DCMI and DMA.

Strange thing is I am not receiving any DMA interrupt during capture process. should I get any interrupt?

I used the same firmware to capture VGA JPEG image with modified registered setting but it didn't work in the same way.

Will you please provide me your email so that I can post firmware to you..or if another way you know on forum through which I can post it to you.

I get to know that ST team has OV3640 based example to capture JPEG image. I am looking for that.Will you please help me on this?

Regards,

Mahesh

haodt
Associate
Posted on May 11, 2013 at 04:00

Hi Sutariya.mahesh!

I am doing about OV5642 camera and problem occur as you.Can you send to me your code to i can reference.

If agree you can send to me through mail : haohaodk46@gmail.com

Thanks!

zhaocandut
Associate
Posted on March 10, 2014 at 12:15

hello , i am doing a project using stm32f4 and ov5640 ,now i can get the image on my lcd but i dont know how to config the registers to use JEPG mode ,can you help me ?

my email address is zhaocandut@gmail.com ,hope you can help .

zhaocandut
Associate
Posted on March 19, 2014 at 03:41

hello sutariya.mahesh , my graduation project needs ov5640 , but i cannot get enough information about ov5640 ,can you share some with me ? my e-mail: 857273306@qq.com ,thanks .

fmdr
Associate II
Posted on June 05, 2014 at 14:45

Hi, I have similar problems i think with ov5642 camera. This is my story:

I'm using a fpga to control ov5642 camera. I've managed to get access to the registers by i2c protocol and set some of their values:

register               value

0x3017                0x7f

0x3018               0xfc

with this, i'm enabling the outputs, both data and syncronising ones. My problem is that while i'm able to get vsync, pclk and href signals by doing this, i can't get any signal at the data outputs.

could someone help me, please?

Fernando

Hello, you say that you can get images on LCD using Stm32f4 and Ov5642. I also want to do a study on this subject, but I have not been successful yet. Can you give information about how you did this? @zhaocandut

Hello @Sule_Akcay ,

This thread is very old. I invite you to start a new topic—you're more likely to receive a quick response.

Osman SOYKURT
ST Software Developer | TouchGFX