cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STemWin_HelloWorld Example Debugging and GUI_Delay Not Working

xpress_embedo
Associate III

Hello Everyone

I am trying to use STemWin with STM32CubeIDE, but facing a lot of problems.

I have STM32F769I Discovery Board with me, and I have downloaded the CubeF7 package which already has few examples related to STemWin, I took the simple example of HelloWorld available as "STemWin_HelloWorld" in the CubeF7 Package.

It works fine, but I am facing two issues.

• First When I am debugging using single stepping, I don't see anything on display.
  • Second, I modified the software little bit to display another string on display with some delay and the string after delay which I wanted to display is not displaying on the screen.

The following is the program without delay i.e. GUI_Delay and it works if I program and don't do single step debugging.

void MainTask(void) {
  GUI_Clear();
  GUI_SetFont(&GUI_Font32_1);
  GUI_DispString("Hello World from STM32F7\r\n");
  GUI_DispStringAt("Hello world!", (LCD_GetXSize()-100)/2, (LCD_GetYSize()-20)/2);  
  while(1);
}

But when I updated the above program by adding a simple delay of 1 second, it stops displaying the second Hello World message after GUI_Delay.

void MainTask(void) {
  GUI_Clear();
  GUI_SetFont(&GUI_Font32_1);
  GUI_DispString("Hello World from STM32F7\r\n");
  GUI_Delay(1000);
  GUI_DispStringAt("Hello world!", (LCD_GetXSize()-100)/2, (LCD_GetYSize()-20)/2);  
  while(1);
}

0693W00000HqtA8QAJ.pngAlso GUI_Delay is not blocking I can see my control reaching while(1) as shown in the below image.

0693W00000HqtBGQAZ.png 

Since this is an example project and I am using demo board from ST, my expectation would be that this should work out of the box.

Can someone please support me with this?

2 REPLIES 2
xpress_embedo
Associate III

Hi @Imen DAHMEN​ 

Can you please help here?

I am using CubeF7 MCU package example project (not any custom project), and it is not working as intended.

Can you please support here?

Thanks in advance

Hello @xpress_embedo​ ,

I suggest to keep all comments regarding this issue on this discussion: Help Needed in Building a Simple Project with STemWin and STM32CubeIDE

Thanks

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen