cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BSP LED driver for STM32H747I-Disco board

Louie88
Associate III

Can somebody send me a template application which contains BSP (Not STemWin) definitions for using LCD display? I just would like to show very basic progress bar, text.

Then can anybody tell me how can I rename a project?

Many thanks for your help.

Louis

3 REPLIES 3
ChahinezC
Lead

Hello @Louis Balázs​,

For renaming the project, you can have a look at the solution proposed by @Martin KJELDSEN​ in the "Change the name of the project in STM32CUBEIDE" post.

For the LCD examples I recommend you having a look at the examples provided by the H7 Cube FW.

Chahinez.

Louie88
Associate III

Thanks for the answer, but (we always have buts)

Yes, I did. I used BSP example and I tried to include all the necessary C an H files. After 11 hour trial I gave it up. Some typedefs or H files always were missing. 8 errors were my best score. The big problem is the format (folder count, names and organization) of the project is changing in almost in every example. In addition when I create a project with STM32CubeMX then I got an unique project structure which differs from any ST examples. More twist is that IDE shows some part of the project files. Not all the project files. Some files are linked from the H7 Cube FW others are copied into the PROJECT. (Note: For example Utilities folder contains 1 file in BSP project, meanwhile if I look at the Utilities folder with File Explorer then I see 3 subfolders with many files in it. Great.)

I do not know how others do it, but I need know the content of the following folders:

1. PROJECT/Drivers/BSP/Components
  2. PROJECT/Drivers/BSP/STM32H747I-DISCO
  3. PROJECT/Drivers/BSP/CMSIS
  4. PROJECT/Drivers/BSP/STM32H7xx_HAL_Driver

I figured out that I must import the followings: (

1. PROJECT/Utilities/CPU
  2. PROJECT/Utilities/Fonts
  3. PROJECT/Utilities/Lcd

I just think that I do not need any Middleware to print "Hello World" to LCD...

The examples do not help. I tried many of examples but I could not figure out what I should include and where. The BSP documentation also useless. It does not inform you if you would like to use the LCD then import the following C and H files into your project. I think it would be a minimum requirement from a documentation.

Renaming: Thanks, but I found a video on YouTube (Maybe from him). It is much complicated. You have to rename every occurrence you old project name in:

• .project
  • .cproject
  • project.org
  • cproject.org

It is not more than 50-60 find and replace in the 4 file.

I hope you understand the problem. I am ready with the firmware of our new transmitter and i have need to print out value of a couple of measured and calculated variables. No graphics, only text. It should no be so difficult. I spent 3-days with this. (I have 30+ years experience with micro-controllers, back to 8051 an C/C++ programming)

I can tell you dear readers, adding the BSP LCD driver is a compete nightmare.

Otherwise the STM32Hxx chips are fantastic devices and the STM32H747I-DISCO card is super.

Thanks for any real help.

Louis

Louie88
Associate III

I found the link to the video. Once understand what is doing then it really works. But it is not a simple name change.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-mfuzW6S-0

Louis