cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution for achieving equidistant in x and y directions?

Chamara_s_s
Associate II

Hi,

We have been using TouchGFX for our interfaces with a screen that has the following specifications (see datasheet extract below). We have noticed that in the graphics displayed on the screen, the length and width per pixels are not uniform. Upon further investigation, we found that the pixel pitch on our screen is also not uniform, as highlighted in the datasheet extract below.

unnamed.png

This inconsistency is particularly noticeable in circular objects. The circular object here is a perfect circle but it displays a bit squished.

Screenshot 2024-03-30 213838.png

Is there any solution for this matter that can be resolved through device configuration settings, such as a scaling factor in the x/y directions that we can configure? or please feel free to suggest any workarounds for this issue.

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello Chamara

Unfortunately there is no any scaling- mechanism available.

So basically your options are to manipulate circle images so that they look perfect round on your display or then replace your display with other type which has square pixel.

Same issue here

https://community.st.com/t5/stm32-mcus-products/touch-gfx-streched-circles/td-p/630602

Hope this helps

Br JTP

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Chamara_s_s
Associate II

Hi, if anyone could spare a moment to offer their insights for my question, I'd be extremely grateful. Your assistance would make a significant difference to me.

If my question was unclear or if there are any additional details I can provide to make it easier to assist me, please let me know. I genuinely appreciate any help or insights you can offer on this matter.

Hello Chamara

Unfortunately there is no any scaling- mechanism available.

So basically your options are to manipulate circle images so that they look perfect round on your display or then replace your display with other type which has square pixel.

Same issue here

https://community.st.com/t5/stm32-mcus-products/touch-gfx-streched-circles/td-p/630602

Hope this helps

Br JTP

Hello JTP,

Thank you for your response. I just wanted to confirm if there are any adjustments that can be made within the device configuration before exploring other workarounds. Your assistance is greatly appreciated. Thank you again.