Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: Should never convert Action

codebuk
Associate III

Hi,

After deleting some actions from a project I get this error:

Sorry - something unexpected has happened which caused an error to occur in the Designer.

For more information, see the log file located at: C:\Users\admin\AppData\Roaming\TouchGFX-4.23.2\TouchGFXDesigner.log

Please consider reporting this bug and steps to reproduce it at the TouchGFX Help Center so it can be fixed in a future version.
You can find the Help Center here: https://community.st.com/touchgfx

Error: Should never convert Action

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
codebuk
Associate III

Great you could replicate. 

I think they were in use. Unfortunately in my case it appeared to corrupt the whole project - not harmless at all.  It may be related to containers - I am hitting a few other issues when working with containers that are difficult to replicate.  I think this can be closed more as a FYI that it does happen to the developers. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
JTP1
Lead

Hello

Were the actions you deleted in use by some interaction ?

With quick test this unexepected error appears during the code generation, after deleting some action which is allready used in some interaction as action. However, it seems to be pretty harmless since after fixing the interactions manually, everything works.

This seems to happen on the 4.23.0 and later versions. Versions before 4.23 seems to handle deleting correctly and set automatically Action 'none' to the interactions which were set to use the deleted action.

Br JTP

codebuk
Associate III

Great you could replicate. 

I think they were in use. Unfortunately in my case it appeared to corrupt the whole project - not harmless at all.  It may be related to containers - I am hitting a few other issues when working with containers that are difficult to replicate.  I think this can be closed more as a FYI that it does happen to the developers.