cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newer Versions of emWin with ST & Appwizard

MMostafa
Associate II

Is it possible to replace the current version of STemwWin library and date files with the newer releases of emWin?

Also, is it possible to work with Appwizard with the current version of STemWin? because I do not see its files are included? and If yes, how to include it?

3 REPLIES 3
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

STemWin (here a description and an older release) was the version of emWin by Segger provided by ST with a free licence until the purchase of Draupner in 2018. The licence for free use refers exclusively to these versions, an upgrade using Segger's emWin is neither possible nor permitted.

You can still use the last version of STemWin for free and you will still find them in the current firmware libraries, but since 2018 STMicroelectronics has been developing its own and now much more powerful graphics solution called TouchGFX.

If the problem is solved, please mark this thread as answered by selecting Select as best, as also explained here. This will help other users find that answer faster.

Good luck!

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
MMostafa
Associate II

OK, I got the answer for the upgrade, but I did not yet get the answer of Appwizard integration with the last version of emwin which supported by ST.  is it possible to work with Appwizard with the current version of STemWin? because I do not see its files are included? and If yes, how to include it?

Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Well, it looks like the AppWizard was added after version 5. Anyway, the Segger UM03003 says:

The used emWin libraries/code must match the corresponding emWin and AppWizard versions.

From this I conclude that you cannot use AppWizard with our now quite old version of STemWin (v5.x).

Now you have two options:

• either use the latest and paid version of emWin including AppWizard,
  • or the similar and free TouchGFX.

Does it answer your question?

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.