cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New STM32F429I Discovery - Is my LCD damaged?

Fab64
Associate

I just received my new STM32F429I Discovery board and I have uploaded the TouchGFX example.

The LCD looks like clumsy at touch and the y axis is someway inverted.

See my short video here (Unfortunately as new member I cannot add links, links are in the attached file).

I have found a video showing a demo which works fine.

I have also tried the BSP example which is even worst.

Is my LCD screen damaged or I am doing something wrong?

3 REPLIES 3
Osman SOYKURT
ST Employee

Hello Fab64,

Have you based your project on a TouchGFX board setup (project created under TouchGFX Designer directly), or is your project created under STM32CubeMX?

Do you know which revision is your STM32F429I Discovery board?

/Osman

Osman SOYKURT
ST Software Developer | TouchGFX

The Y-flip of touch is a known thing. I don't use TouchGFX so can't help getting it fixed, sorry. The original STM32 demo circumvents this problem by a calibration step - maybe the TouchGFX guys could employ the same trick?

Also note that this is a resistive touchscreen, not capacitive you are accustomed to from the phones. Resistive touchscreens require pressure, and best work when used with stylus (make sure it is not something which would scratch the touchscreen's surface, it needs to have a relatively soft plastic rounded tip).

> Do you know which revision is your STM32F429I Discovery board?

It's on the video - rev.E (blue board).

JW

Hi Osman,

Thank you for your prompt answer.

1) Both projects I have tested are examples provided by SMT32CubeIDE without any change. I created them using the following procedure:

a) New SMT32 Project

b) Tab Example Selector

c) Board: SMT32F429I-DISC1

d) Selected BSP or TouchGFX

2) Revision: MB1075E

Fab.

Fabrizio Boco

fabboco@gmail.com

My book: "Arduino iOS Blueprints�? -

http://amzn.to/1Z2yLmX