cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing needles in TouchGFX Designer-4.23.0

amigafan
Associate II

Hello, I have made a simple application with STM32G071RB_NUCLEO and an X-NUCLEO-GFX01M2 I TouchGFX. The problem is that the needle in the Gauge or the hands in the analogue clock are not displayed. When I look at Memory Details in STM32CubeIDE I can see the files. Does anyone know how to fix it? Br. Stig Hansen

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
GaetanGodart
ST Employee

Hello @amigafan ,

You are right, with this setup by default it will not be visible.
That is because the needles and texture mappers and the chip you are using doesn't support texture mapper in external memory.
You need to have those assets in the internal flash to access them quickly.
Furthermore, as the internal flash is limited, I had to compress those images to L8_ARGB8888.

You can enable L8_ARGB8888 compression by clicking on "Config" on the bottom left of your screen, then "Framework features" :

GaetanGodart_0-1709633242107.png

Then you can compress the images by clicking on "Images" on the top left of your screen then selecting the desired Image format :

GaetanGodart_1-1709633582055.png

Finally, from the same window, set the fields "Section" and "Extra section" on the right as internal flash ("IntFlashSection").

With these modifications I was able to get a working project on my G071RB board plus GFX01M2 screen.

If this comment solves your problem, please select it as "Best answer" so that other people encountering the same issue can get to the answer quickly I so that I can close this thread .

Regards,

Gaetan Godart
Software engineer at ST (TouchGFX)

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
GaetanGodart
ST Employee

Hello @amigafan ,

Just to be sure, it works fine on the simulator?

Can you share your code too?

Regards,

Gaetan Godart

Yes, it works fine in the simulator.

All code is autogenerated.

Unfortunately, I cannot attach the code as a zip file.

Br.

Hello. You can attach code in rar or 7zip packets.  Br. Jtp

amigafan
Associate II

And here a the source code. Br

GaetanGodart
ST Employee

Hello @amigafan ,

You are right, with this setup by default it will not be visible.
That is because the needles and texture mappers and the chip you are using doesn't support texture mapper in external memory.
You need to have those assets in the internal flash to access them quickly.
Furthermore, as the internal flash is limited, I had to compress those images to L8_ARGB8888.

You can enable L8_ARGB8888 compression by clicking on "Config" on the bottom left of your screen, then "Framework features" :

GaetanGodart_0-1709633242107.png

Then you can compress the images by clicking on "Images" on the top left of your screen then selecting the desired Image format :

GaetanGodart_1-1709633582055.png

Finally, from the same window, set the fields "Section" and "Extra section" on the right as internal flash ("IntFlashSection").

With these modifications I was able to get a working project on my G071RB board plus GFX01M2 screen.

If this comment solves your problem, please select it as "Best answer" so that other people encountering the same issue can get to the answer quickly I so that I can close this thread .

Regards,

Gaetan Godart
amigafan
Associate II

Thanks, yes it works now. Regards..