cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linker issue on STM32F769 DISCO app with CubeIDE 1.3.0 + TouchGFX 4.13: cannot load external flash

NSAUX.1
Associate II

Hello,

After creating an app with TouchGFX 4.13.0 on STM32F769 DISCO v3 template I'm facing two issues:

a) External Flash load: Run Target fails on TouchGFX Designer. I can flash the board only by edditing the linker script on CubeIDE replacing all usage of QUADSPI area by FLASH (thus not using the external flash), even after setting the external flash on debugger settings. Is there a better workaround for ext flash usage?

b) Makefile rule defined for Blue_Buttons_Round_Edge_small***.cpp files fails when building the project. The files didn't actually exist in [AppDir]\TouchGFX\generated\fonts\src (perhaps because I was not actually using buttons in the app), so I copied them from another project and linked them back on CubeIDE.

Hope it's useful for community members and please let it be known if there are fixes,

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Alexandre RENOUX
Principal

Hello,

Regarding building errors in CubeIDE, if you have errors like this, first make sure that no ghost files are part of the project. It is especially true in the generated folder.

You will notice an issue because there are warnings beside the file(s):

0693W000000VlFeQAK.png

You need to delete them by right-clicking > delete > ok.

I think the linker script is wrong because it is missing the declaration of the QuadSPI Flash. You will find enclosed a corrected version.

Hope this will help you,

/Alexandre

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
NSAUX.1
Associate II

I forgot mentionning that directories and files concerning the simulator were excluded from the build

Alexandre RENOUX
Principal

Hello,

Regarding building errors in CubeIDE, if you have errors like this, first make sure that no ghost files are part of the project. It is especially true in the generated folder.

You will notice an issue because there are warnings beside the file(s):

0693W000000VlFeQAK.png

You need to delete them by right-clicking > delete > ok.

I think the linker script is wrong because it is missing the declaration of the QuadSPI Flash. You will find enclosed a corrected version.

Hope this will help you,

/Alexandre

NSAUX.1
Associate II

Thanks!!

It did

Nicolas