cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linker errors and "Run target" fails

idrissmc
Associate II

hi everyone,

i wanted to create a project with touchGFX but there are errors, i just create the graphic interface, i didn't add any code!

even though when i tried to upload to my card an example it said error too!

how can i resolve this?

0690X00000BwBSfQAN.png

0690X00000BwBRIQA3.png0690X00000BwBRDQA3.png0690X00000BwBR8QAN.png

43 REPLIES 43

CubeIDE should be enough. Can you try for other MCUs ?

And also, you do not need to configure _anything_ to enable the generator and start configuring.

@Martin KJELDSEN​  I tried for the F769I-Disc1 & F769I-Eval & F779I-Eval! Same problem!

It’s ok, i just uninstalled CubeMX & re-install it & all is great, without errors, thank you very very very much @Martin KJELDSEN​ 

just when I debug the board the screen stay black, I designed just a screen to test but it’s black, I think it’s a problem in the configuration of the LTDC? Do you think so?

Okay, that's great.

Re black screen. Are you doing any debugging? If you're just generating your project you haven't set up anything but the FMC controller (maybe) and not the SDRAM or QSPI etc. What're you doing to create this project? 🙂 i need more info

/Martin

Hi @Martin KJELDSEN​ ,

Yes I'm debugging to test, I hit the start button, the screen becomes black let say after 2 or 3 seconds and I can't see what I designed.

I left the configurations of CubeMX, but the SDRAM is here and QSPI too in CubeMX

Hi @Martin KJELDSEN​ ,

why the file STM32touchController.cpp doesn’t have any code although I’ve created interactions with TouchGFX?

Touch Controller is a board bring up thing. Interactions in TouchGFX is something different - They may react to touch events, but if your HAL is incomplete (no touch driver) then those interactions won't work.

The STM32TouchController.cpp file is completed if you choose the V3 of STM32F746g-disco from the designer,.

hi @Martin KJELDSEN​ ,

I created a project with touchGFX without passing through CudeIDE and when I open STM32TouchController.cpp I found some functions that didn't exist in my other project generated by CudeID, here 2 screenshots that explain what I said:

1/ generated by CubeIDE

0690X00000BwZ2WQAV.png

2/ generated by touchGFX without passing through CubeIDE

0690X00000BwZ2bQAF.png

and when I tried to copy these functions and paste them in my project, the touch screen on my board works.

but I still wonder why I didn't get them as you in the tutorial?

and if I copy then paste it is correct for the rest of the project?

thank you

I'm not sure i follow you. Generally, this is what happens when you create a project through CubeMX/CubeIDE using TouchGFX Generator vs TouchGFX Designer Application Template (everything pre-configured).

TouchGFX Generator: You will get an empty STM32TouchController.cpp because CubeMX/CubeIDE only knows things about the MCU you're configuring, not the concrete touch controller.

TouchGFX Designer: STM32TouchController.cpp will have code to read touch events from the board you chose via the Application Template.