cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with compiling project in touchGFX Designer vs STM32CubeIDE using stm32f469i-disco

Physwm2501
Associate

I'm currently having an issue with a project that works perfectly when compiled through stm32CubeIDE vs when I go to Run target through the TouchGFX Designer.

I haven't altered any of the standard settings in either piece of software and both will compile without error onto my discovery board.

The specific issue is I have a freertos task that reads temperature data off of the I2C and then sends this data through the queue to be populated on one of my touchgfx views. When I compile through the designed this value does not update, when compiled in IDE this feature works as intended. Up until recently this feature worked when compiled on either piece of software, I'm still going back through my recent changes to figure out where this issue originated.

Is there a significant difference in the files each use to compile?

Figured out what is causing the issue. Whenever I add a widget to my custom container it breaks the temp update function when compiling with the designer. If I go back and delete out the widget the function works again. When compiled with IDE the software still runs as intended, with or without the additional widgets.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Physwm2501
Associate

Figured out what is causing the issue. Whenever I add a widget to my custom container it breaks the temp update function when compiling with the designer. If I go back and delete out the widget the function works again. When compiled with IDE the software still runs as intended, with or without the additional widgets.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Andrew Neil
Evangelist III

"Figured out what is causing the issue"

Please put that in a reply, and mark it as the solution:

0693W000008y9fZQAQ.png

Physwm2501
Associate