cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there documentation on TouchGFX on how it works?

Glen Larson
Associate II

I see the on-line tutotrial-style documentation. I see the doxygen-generated details. Is there any documentation that describes how it actually works? What is the architecture? What calls what? What are the operations inside the binary library?

The real challenge, for me, is making a GUI-centric design model work in an electro-mechanical control system. The GUI is then ancillary to the important operations of the system. The business logic needs to be outside the GUI code. The documentation I've found doesn't show how drive the GUI externally. The "interactions" are 99% outside of the GUI.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

support.touchgfx.com

>> What are the operations inside the binary library?

The documentation has information about the inner workings. Look in basic concepts, and also in AL Development. And if you have any concrete requests, let me know.

/Martin

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
chaaalyy
Senior II

Take a look into this channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPc2YUw_rpxWJLc4PFwSZag

The creator shows, how to interact with external hardware and so on. He also describes some basics very well. Complexity of your project depends just on your imagination, as tGFX is absolute easy to handle, if you understood, how it works 😉 If needed, you can even set up a very complex gui without generating a single interaction in the designer. Designer generated "logic" is just helpful to save a lot of unnecessary work for you as developer.

HP
Senior III

I've also created a few (about 8 or 10) videos on how to set everything up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43qQhrXc3n4&list=PLibkEAAdgBQ-d4LvImVNNDlYKCX0tj6aH

If you have questions on a specific topic, let me know, then I can make a new video on that 🙂

Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

support.touchgfx.com

>> What are the operations inside the binary library?

The documentation has information about the inner workings. Look in basic concepts, and also in AL Development. And if you have any concrete requests, let me know.

/Martin

Here is your "concrete" request:

Produce documentation on par with what ST provides on their hardware and software. This includes detailed documentation on the each products as well as application notes on how to use those products and how to overcome known challenges. And errata.

What you've got is paltry and covers introductory concepts. It may have "information" but it is not complete. It doesn't allow someone to learn the product outside of time-consuming trial-and-error.

I am sure what is there is "good enough" for the people who'd need to produce it. After all, they already understand how it works and think a few sentences and a picture or two should be enough. No, it is not.

You couldn't have been less concrete with this little, passive-aggressive tirade. Want to try again? (And try to be constructive this time. Don't exaggerate to prove a point - I may just answer you back).

I was totally concrete and your "passive comment" is inaccurate and unprofessional.

Your reply was completely unhelpful. You'll find that i have little patience for snide remarks. I can find a thousand things that are more important than take a beating from someone who can't even put his points across in a respectful manner.

There is plenty documentation about how TouchGFX functions in the new documentation. You won't find secrets on internals, if that what you're looking for. I'm pretty confident you didn't even bother reading it through.