cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I updated a project from 4.20.0 to 4.21.0. Now the project doesn't open, and I receive the error: "input string was not in correct format". How can I fix this?

Ghofm.1
Associate III

I just updated TouchGFX designer from version 4.2.0 to 4.21.0. Trying to open my projects saved last time with version 4.2.0, I'm obliged to update them to the new version. After this, they are all corrupted.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Osman SOYKURT
ST Employee

Hello Ghofm.1,

We have found the cause of your issue. To make it short, some of your image names are incompatible with the current version of TouchGFX Designer. We'll consider to fix that for future version.

As a workaround, I can suggest you to change all your images names ending with the extensions ".svg.png" by something else like ".png" only. The ".svg.png" is reserved by our libs to manage SVG images which is a new feature from 4.21.0 version. Can you try that and tell me if that works ? I saw some of them used in your "Password" screen.

/Osman

Osman SOYKURT
ST Software Developer | TouchGFX

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Yoann KLEIN
ST Employee

Hello @Ghofm.1​,

What happens exactly with TouchGFX Designer ? Is it still showing your project or does it only display a empty screen ?

Can you provide a screenshot of the interface and also of the error message ?

Thanks,

/Yoann

Yoann KLEIN
Ghofm.1
Associate III

here attached 2 screenshots. When I try to open a project, I receive the message I need to convert it (screenshot 1); if I say "no", it doesn't open. If I say "yes", the error (input string was not in correct format) appears in very short time (few seconds), and then it doesn't open the project. Even if I retry.

Osman SOYKURT
ST Employee

Hello Ghofm.1,

Can you send us the log file located at this path : "C:\Users\YOUR_USER_NAME\AppData\Roaming\TouchGFX-4.21.0\TouchGFXDesigner.log"

Or even better, can you send your project ?

/Osman

Osman SOYKURT
Ghofm.1
Associate III

Here it is.

bytheway: I installed newest version (4.21.1), and reloaded again my documents saved last time with version 4.20.0. Nothing changed.

Hello Ghofm.1,

Thank you 👍 we'll investigate it.

/Osman

Osman SOYKURT
Osman SOYKURT
ST Employee

Hello Ghofm.1,

We have found the cause of your issue. To make it short, some of your image names are incompatible with the current version of TouchGFX Designer. We'll consider to fix that for future version.

As a workaround, I can suggest you to change all your images names ending with the extensions ".svg.png" by something else like ".png" only. The ".svg.png" is reserved by our libs to manage SVG images which is a new feature from 4.21.0 version. Can you try that and tell me if that works ? I saw some of them used in your "Password" screen.

/Osman

Osman SOYKURT

Hi Osnam,

I updated the image names as you suggested, and stored the project with TouchGFX 4.20.

Then I reopened it with TouchGFX 4.21.1, and finally everything worked fine!

Thank you very much for support!

You're welcome! Happy to hear that 🙂

/Osman

Osman SOYKURT