cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am currently facing the issue with continuously displaying UART data on LCD using TouchGFX

MPath.4
Associate II

I am currently working on the STM32H750VB custom board where 16 bpp RGB LCD Interface is used. After sending the data for couple of times successfully on the LCD screen, it stops displaying the data. On debugging, I found out that it gets stuck on configASSERT( pxQueue->uxItemSize == 0 ) called from xQueueSemaphoreTake(). 

As I am new to freertos and TouchGFX, can you please provide me the insight to find the root cause?

24 REPLIES 24
MM..1
Chief II

Display size isnt problem , segments is addr continuos... Your issue is chaos in uart .

Primary 

uart_Data *uart_Struct;

secondary no size checks...

After that I changed it here. But the problem did not solve. 

main.pngmodel.png

Please check this.

MM..1
Chief II

Try this better example, but too dont full clear Riverdi STM32 Display #3. Send data from UART to UI (controllerstech.com)

Primary i mean this uart_Data *.. is ok , but is local for func where queue is used. Real memory is created with call Message Queue (keil.com)

good is create queue for minimal 2 elements and check if is created ok.

FreeRTOS Tutorial #5 ->Using Queue » ControllersTech

Hello @MM..1 

I have made some changes still the problem is same but now it stuck in this line 

configASSERT( !( ( pvItemToQueue == NULL ) && ( pxQueue->uxItemSize != ( UBaseType_t ) 0U ) )

Please check once if I have done something wrong.