cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set color keying and LTDC sync?

JLee.00000
Associate II

1. There is a description of Color Keying in 16p of the document Link, and I want to know how to use it. 

I couldn't find anything in CubeMX's LTDC Tab that could set up for that register.

2. Also, is there a way to know the LTDC sync method in 7p of the same document in detail? 

I'm testing with STM32H747-DISCO with a resolution of 800×480.

Things I'm using:

STM32CubeIDE 1.8.0

STM32CubeMX in CubeIDE

TouchGFX Designer 4.18.1

STM32H747-DISCO

7 REPLIES 7
MM..1
Chief II

At 1. keying is prog feature cubemx not setup it. And for practical use you need two layers config.

At 2. explain is ok about sync video mode lcd params,

For use keying with TouchGFX you need custom setup, TGFX dont use alpha or multi layer usw.

At 1. How can I use TouchGFX and keying together?

As far as I know, TouchGFX Designer does not support layers.

How is it possible?

Do you have any documents or videos to refer to for customization?

At 2. It is difficult to set the value of lcd params. 

I'd like to know what value the LCD with a resolution of 800×480 should be synced with.

0693W00000AMRWmQAP.jpgAt 1 example 2 layer custom alpha used TGFX manage inner rect. I dont have MCU with keying feature, but setup keying can here maybe setup rounded rect or other effects as no full rect alpha ...

At 2 yes sometimes it is. This values is from display dataseets as describe page 7 table

at 1. And how do I set up the color keying?

Should the register be set to CubeMX or direct LTC_LxCKCR?

at 2.​ Please refer to the attached image.

Can I know what's wrong?

1. Over registers or read HAL if have func. But with TouchGFX you can mask with sw aplha, but more MCU is used.
2. Your board have 4�? capacitive touch LCD display module with MIPI® DSI interface , and ST write some drivers and custom interleave methods. Check BSP and target generated files and config for DSI in MX

Thank you for your answer.

But I already know the content.

I want to know the actual operating code or CubeMX configuration or TouchGFX configuration.

for question 1 and 2

For 1 actual operating code dont exist = keying normaly isnt used

For 2 open TouchGFX and select example project for your board. (No IDE or MX)