cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to reverse the LCD display up down by configuring LTDC or DMA2D regester

JJ.Lin
Associate III

Hi,

How to reverse the LCD display up down by configuring LTDC or DMA2D regester? Is it feasible?

/JJ.Lin

6 REPLIES 6

No.

JW

Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @JJ.Lin​ ,

Do you mean Layer position configuration ?

You can have a look at this AN4861, this may help you on the configuration, as contains an example of LTDC layer parameters configuration using STM32CubeMX..

When your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

I think the question relates to mapping the frame buffer backward, presumably because it is easier to flip that than orientate the display correctly for the application. Pretty sure all the painting and drawing code could be flipped, it's more about the HW abilities/limitations.

So perhaps DMA with memory address decrementing rather than incrementing.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

@Community member​ 

You really dont like the DMA2D cause of this limitation and i too😂. it really should be able to rotate

> So perhaps DMA with memory address decrementing rather than incrementing.

You mean, utilizing MDMA? That might be viable, but only in the 'H7.

JW

Thank you for your reply, I just mean I want to rotate the display direction ​by 180 degree for the reason of structure. I try to do it by configuring the STM32 registers. But if it is not feasible, I have to change my UI framework for rotating 180 degree is not supported.