cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to manually update DMA file for newer TouchGFX version?

RDomi.3
Associate

Trying to update from an old version of TouchGFX to the current version. I am having problems with the colors from fillRect(). I see in the 4.18.0 bug notes that "LCD16bpp::fillRect() and LCD16bpp::drawGlyph() now passes 24bit color instead of native 16bit color to DMA. I read that the fix was to regenerate these files but I do not have access to the original configuration for creating these as this project is many years old. Is there any way to make the necessary changes to the DMA manually?

The original project is built on TouchGFX 4.5.0.

3 REPLIES 3
AfjSpi
Associate II

Hi, I know you didn't get any response to your question here but did you have any success? I am currently in a similar situation.

Thanks in advance

Hi,

Is it the same situation coming from a very old TouchGFX version to the latest one ? Could you specify which versions ?

/Romain

Hi, I believe that the project started on 4.16 and I am now trying to get it to run on 4.21, I beleive this was the issue when updating to 4.18 due to the update to way touchgfx passes information to the DMA.

I have found information suggesting to re-generate the code in cube ide, but for me the Application Template used doesn't provide a cube ide project file so it is not that easy/

Thanks for your help

Alex