cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make external OctoSPI loader for STM32H7?

Freedom_Neo
Senior

I am using below componnet tools

MCU: STM32H7B3IIT6

IDE: STM32CubeIDE Version: 1.8.0

GUI: TouchGFX Version: 4.18.1

SDRAM: IS45S16800F-7CTLA1-TR

FLASH: MX25LM51245GMI00 (OctoSPI)

I am using below pins

// STM32H7B3IIT6 PIN CHART
// MX25LM51245GMI00

// OCTOSPIM P1
// D0   PD11:AF9   
// D1   PD12:AF9    
// D2   PE2:AF9    
// D3   PD13:AF9
// D4   PC1:AF10   
// D5   PC2:AF11   
// D6   PC3:AF11   
// D7   PD7:AF10
// CLK  PB2:AF9
// NCLK NOT USED
// NCS  PB10:AF9  
// DQS  PC5:AF10

I am using below configuration

0693W00000KcDD9QAN.jpg0693W00000KcDDEQA3.pngThere is source for QSPI but dont have OctoSPI.

I created external loader for custom board. But it didnt work. I am getting below errror.

0693W00000KcCqzQAF.pngI shared external loader project file at attachment. Can you review it please? I need your support.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1m1aCF1FueA2xE2qVvX7kWM_29_l7sNRr/view?usp=sharing

30 REPLIES 30

>>No I don't have. Why do you say this question?

It would allow for output of live telemetry from the loader code, as you can't get info via the ST-LINK. I could blink LEDs also.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Led pins are PC6, PH15, PI1, PI0, PH13, PC12.

Hi @Community member​,

Sorry for the delay. Had to seek some explanations internally.

On the H7B3I, a security service called SFIx “Secure FW Install in the external memory�? is supported.

Due to some clock/security constraints, a modified loader (from the standard one - MX25LM51245G_STM32H7B3I-DISCO.stldr) is needed for this service.

This is why it’s called MX25LM51245G_STM32H7B3I-DISCO-SFIx.stldr

If dealing with SFIx, use : MX25LM51245G_STM32H7B3I-DISCO-SFIx.stldr

In all other use cases, use: MX25LM51245G_STM32H7B3I-DISCO.stldr

@mattias norlander​ 

Ok, and would the security be the default expectation for H7B3's generally, or specifically just on the DK/EVAL boards? I have some boards coming from the eStore, so hopefully will get tomorrow and review over the weekend.

Or once set in the secure mode, that always has to be used subsequently.

Can you direct-message or email me a contact person at ST with responsibility for these loaders?

I did observe that whilst using the same pins the two loaders had different pull-up settings for DQS pin. Trying to pin down what the two are doing mechanically different, and if that would effect usability or BSP code. Does the BSP code need to account for the SFIx changes?

Hope it helps to solve my problem. My problem is continue

The H7B3 DISCO and EVAL boards showed up from the eStore (via Mouser) today, so will examine this again shortly.

Posted new build

https://github.com/cturvey/stm32extldr/blob/main/h7_mx25lm51245g/MX25LM51245GMI00_STM32H7B3IIT6_NEO.stldr

Dear @Community member​ Thank you for support. I am not in office at the weekend. I will try on Monday.

Hi @Community member​ Thank you for support. External loader worked. Do you plan to make a tutorial or prepare a document on how to create an external loader for OctoSPI? Because there is no source for this. In the future, other people will have the same problem as me. @Osman SOYKURT​ @mattias norlander​ @Laura C.​ @Patrickhiapello​ 

The project really isn't adequately funded or resourced for me to do that kind of thing, and the support load that would come with it.