cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to connect to the stm32f469i_Discovery MIPI interface?

PKunK.1
Associate III

The interface of the stm32f469i_Discovery LCD is MIPI.

It wants to replace LCDs with other MIPI interfaces.

The control IC of the LCD I want to use uses the ILI9806E.

I inquired about LCD supplier, and they said that LCD initialization code is initialized inside LCD module, so there is nothing to do, but just need to adjust MIPI interface.

I want to modify the stm32F469I_Discovery LCD code and match it with the ILI9806E, but I don't need the LCD initialization code, so can you tell me how to set the MIPI interface?

What I think is that you just need to delete the LCD initialization code from the existing code and adjust the data related to the resolution, should I do other things?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Yes, hollowing out an existing driver and then constructing a new implementation is a workable approach.

You might also want to look at the F7 libraries and examples, especially the F769-DISCO, which had the detachable screen, and with HDMI and RPI adapters.

Certainly possible to adapt the HDMI one to timings for 800x480 and 1024x600 type displays.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Yes, hollowing out an existing driver and then constructing a new implementation is a workable approach.

You might also want to look at the F7 libraries and examples, especially the F769-DISCO, which had the detachable screen, and with HDMI and RPI adapters.

Certainly possible to adapt the HDMI one to timings for 800x480 and 1024x600 type displays.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..