cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add STemWin library to a new project?

Louie88
Associate III

Hi,

I have a new project which uses the TIMER8 in Encoder mode. The app works pretty nice, but I need to display the encoder pulses/frequency of the input signals on the LCD. I am using STM32H747I-DISCO board. I do not want to use any OS. So, my simple question is:

How I can add the STemWin library into my project?

I tried to copy settings of the STemWin_HelloWorld project in my project but it seems to me “Mission impossible�?. I have tons of errors. I could not find any document which would explain how can do this job. The tech support is in “silence mode�?. The Stem554-pdf did not help much.

Thanks,

Louis

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hi @Louis Balázs​ ,

We do apologize for the delay we take to answer sometimes, as we are in the summer period vacation.

In fact, STemWin was removed from CubeMX since V5.5 release.

So, STemwin is not supported in CubeMx.

I will check internally your ticket and come back to you soon with update.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @Louis Balázs​ ,

I recommend you to have a look to STemWin applications with STM32CubeH7 firmware package to learn about programming with STemWin: 

\STM32Cube_FW_H7_V1.9.0\Projects\STM32H747I-DISCO\Applications\STemWin

Please, refer to the AN4323 Getting started with STemWin Library in section “How to use STemWin Library step by step�?.

Hope my answer is helpful.

If you still have issues, don't hesitate to come back to the Community either with new threads or as a continuity of this one (when related to same initial topic).

If your question is answered or your issue is solved, please mark the best answer by clicking on “Best Answer�? as this will help other users to find answers faster 😊 .

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

Hi Imen,

Thank you for your answer. I spend two weeks (with 25++ years practice in 8/16/32-bit MCU-s with SiliconLabs, TI MCUs) but I could not add the STemWin library to a new project on STM32H747I-DISCO board. Even printing on the screen did not work in the beginning with the "factory example STemWin_HelloWorld". Now I can print on the LCD but the touch screen still does not recognize the buttons on the screen.

I know and I read the AN4223 app notes but it did not help too much.

I also tried to use STR32CubeMX app to add the STemWin library. I selected STM32H747I-DISCO board, but it does not contain STemWin middleware:

0693W00000D1cexQAB.pngCan you tell me what I am doing wrong?

Thanks,

Louis

PS: I have support ticket about this problem. There is "no picture no voice" from tech support in the last 4 weeks. (Except "...sorry, I was on holiday... and ...I am very happy that you solved displaying text on LCD problem...") Forum topic

Imen.D
ST Employee

Hi @Louis Balázs​ ,

We do apologize for the delay we take to answer sometimes, as we are in the summer period vacation.

In fact, STemWin was removed from CubeMX since V5.5 release.

So, STemwin is not supported in CubeMx.

I will check internally your ticket and come back to you soon with update.

Imen

Thanks
Imen
Hi Imen,

Thank your for working on this ticket and question.
Best regards,
Louis
ABatt.1
Senior

Hi to all.

I have the same problem: I'm not able to add STemwin library in a custom board with STM32F103RTC.

AN4223 it is completely useless as it relies on how to adapt a project that already contains the library.

The examples contained in STM are not clear (and the SMT32CubeIDE does not import them correctly), in addition the removal of the STEMwin from the CUBEMX has actually removed the support of this library. Why indicate it as supported?

There i a step-by-step guide to add a library to a project ?