cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello guys, I have a 5" CTP display (SEE ATTACHED) and like to know if i can use this with only STM MCU or i need additional LCD driver like SSD1963 for my ongoing IoT device project ?

Ikiss.1
Associate II

What are the requirements when i selecting MCU for this display ?

My end goal would be the following:

*Cheap as possible (however not make the display quality worst/slow) 

*This IoT device will get some information from a API server, and run some animations.

*I would like to use TouchGFX to design the GUI

*Need to be able generate serial number for the device.

*Sound codec

*Able to hook it up with ESP32 s2 WiFi module (i think this is default on any STM now days)

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

Start perhaps with reviewing the 'H7 DISCO boards and AN4861

JW

What STM32?

This would definitely need a controller and frame buffer for an STM32F1 or F2, and most F4. Would likely work with an F429 with SDRAM frame buffer

Driving parallel RGB, and an external memory for the frame buffer pushes you to high pin count devices and BGA, so trade off there is board costs (PCB + MFG)

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Thanks, well im not sure what series of STM should i go, i dont need an overpowered one that i will not use most of the futures.

Yes as you mentioned the display need a controller, question is what path is better here to take, get separate SSD1963 controller, or not.

You are right about if i dont get SSD1963 i need to go with high pin count BGA probably for MCU.

what are the futures i have to need in a MCU ? thinking about

•       LCD parallel interface, 8080/6800 modes
  • LCD-TFT controller up to XGA resolution with dedicated Chrom-ART Accelerator™ for enhanced graphic content creation (DMA2D)
  •       Hardware JPEG Codec

Also as i see the F429 dont have QUADSPI

I assume i can use the STM32F756ZG and no need SSD1963 controller for my display. can any of you confirm this please ?

Thanks really useful this AN4861 to have better understanding