cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting bitmap from TextArea. Is it posible?

Ruslan Manianov
Associate II

Hello. I create pdf files on my STM32 and save they to usb flash. And i want to add to files strings as images. So is it possible to render textArea to bytes array as bitmap?

2 REPLIES 2
Yoann KLEIN
ST Employee

Hello @Ruslan Manianov​ ,

Sorry, I'm not sure to understand exactly what you want to do here. Are you trying to display pdf on the board ? Could you elaborate please ?

Thank you,

/Yoann

Yoann KLEIN
ST Software Developer | TouchGFX

No, I generate pdf file on STM32 and want to add textArea from screen to it as image. Because if add textArea as text, we need to embed the using font to pdf file. But i can't find library for pdf that can embed fonts. So more easy and faster is add texts as image because i have all needed texts on screen and i know how to do that. I try make snapshot by snapshot widget but i get error with it and i can't finde example how use this widget to resolve this error. Also this method returns text with background from screen, but i need text on white bg. So the best variant i see is rendering textArea to bytes array as image and adding this array to pdf file. I hope I could describe my question. Thanks.