cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FSMC on STM32F407xxxx According to the datasheet and the picture .. Is That mean that I can interface an external SRAM of 256 MB and a NAND Flash of 512 MB as a maximum size ?

khaled limem
Associate

0690X000008B2UwQAK.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

No, it means you can have at least two NAND devices, which access blocks like a hard drive and can be VERY large, ie hundreds of GB if you find the right parts and write the drivers.​

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

No, it means you can have at least two NAND devices, which access blocks like a hard drive and can be VERY large, ie hundreds of GB if you find the right parts and write the drivers.​

One could also sub-divide the decoding within the bank to allow for more devices.

Current trends however are towards using eMMC devices via the SDIO/SDMMC interfaces, which both reduces the pin count, and standardizes the land pattern for the memory devices. It also simplifies/offloads the complexity of block management, correction, etc to the eMMC controller on the memory chip.

Ok Thanks. I need to add a 16 Gbyte NAND memory for my PCB that contains STM32F407VGT6

to use it to store data in an industrial application.

For long term availability and multiple suppliers, the eMMC route is a safer bet.