cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Font rendering artifacts on TouchGFX 4.23

ypiotrp
Senior

Hi, 

I decided to update TouchGFX in my project from 4.20 to the newest 4.23. I noticed some artifacts in font rendering from time to time. Below I attached a photo of the issue. 

Image.jpeg

Do you have any ideas why this is happening?

Regards,
Piotr

4 REPLIES 4

Hello @ypiotrp ,

Could you please specify what text settings and typographies you are using? like are you using Binary fonts or Mapped or Unmapped? 

And what board are you using?

Thank you 

Mohammad MORADI
ST Software Developer | TouchGFX

Hello @Mohammad MORADI ESFAHANIASL ,

I'm back to the topic. I upgraded to TouchGFX 4.23.0 mainly for SVG images. I checked if the issue persist on older versions of TouchGFX which still have SVG images. I stopped at 4.21.4 and unfortunately artifacts in the font rendering are still in place. 

I cannot share with you my whole project (confidential) but I created some sample screen using ST stock images. Below you can find a video and also my configuration you asked about:

The board is custom. We use parallel RGB LTDC RGB666 to drive the LCD. We also use DMA2D. The configuration of the peripherals:

DMA2D:

ypiotrp_1-1705672133546.png

LTDC: 

ypiotrp_2-1705672191254.png

TouchGFX:

ypiotrp_4-1705672224165.png

"text settings and typographies":

ypiotrp_0-1705671929704.png

I attached the video describing my problem and also source code of the screen.

Thank you for your help,
Piotr

Hi @Mohammad MORADI ESFAHANIASL,

Any ideas what may be causing this issue?

Regards,
Piotr

Hello again @ypiotrp ,

Sorry for the delay.
From the pictures you sent everything looks fine (I assume that in the Pixel Format in your Layer Settings in LTDC is set to RGB565). Since the issue is only with fonts (based on your video), I think it might be helpful to change the location of the Fonts and Text in the memory. So, if it is possible, try to put the fonts in internal flash. 
Also, could you please send a screenshot of your Text Configuration from Configs (from TouchGFX Designer)? 
Forgot to mention that based on the code you sent, you don't need to invalidate everything if no changes has occurred, but I think you have done it to emphasize on the problem.  

Mohammad MORADI
ST Software Developer | TouchGFX