cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Errors after using .ioc file and generating new code.

MBode.2
Associate II

I have been through the renaming process to generate a project in touch GFX and open it in cube IDE. The problem occurs when I run the .ioc file and then generate the subsequent code after configuring some of the hardware peripherals, push buttons and LEDs, nothing too elaborate.

I have the errors shown in the image below. I cannot compile this project once the code has been generated by the Cube IDE because of these errors. I've found little in the way of help online so far.0693W00000YA4BeQAL.pngDoes anyone have any thoughts on these issues?

Kind regards

Mark

2 REPLIES 2
Osman SOYKURT
ST Employee

Hello MBode.2,

It seems that some functions are called but missing from your project. Remember, if you have generated code on STM32CubeMX you must regenerate code from TouchGFX designer afterwards.

Which version of TouchGFX are you using?

/Osman

Osman SOYKURT
ST Software Developer | TouchGFX
MBode.2
Associate II

Hi Osman

I am using 4.20.0 for touch gfx & 1.11.2 for cube IDE.

Can I also ask regarding the folder structure on the left? I have redone this process several times now and the it varies from time to time which folders are auto generated with no extra setps done from the video online and the other threads in this forum on the renaming of the project. There is a 'core' folder on the left explorer pane on this project but others do not have it after opening the .ioc .. making some changes then closing it.

To save any confusion here are my steps.

1. Open project in touch gfx for the STM32F429I-DICSO evaluation board.
  2. Create 2 screen gui and a simple button to switch between them.
  3. Generate code and then close touch GFX.
  4. Open in STM32 cube IDE and compile.
  5. Remove project from workspace and follow the renaming process that is documented on these forums.
  6. Re-open in STM32CubeIDE, and open .ioc file to make changes to the GPIO etc.
  7. Save .ioc and generate code.

My next step woyuld be to deploy and debug but do i then have to open the file in touch GFX again and then go back to STM32CubeIDE before i can debug this? If not can you please outline the process here or give me a contact of an FAE or someone that I can call to discuss my requirements and move this project along.

I have to say the issues between CubeIDE and touch GFX have been exceptionally frustrating. I'm new to the MCU/GUI world but it just seems that this could easily be avoided.

Kind regards

Mark